SNF GDT: Eagles at Cowboys

titans0021

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

You mean how Wilson makes his line look much worse than it actually is and still has been able to have a good defense?

Seriously, can we stop this notion that there have been ANY QBs in the last 30 years other than Peyton and Tom who can truly carry a team to a ring without help?

Peyton carried a team without help? When was this?

Edge, Marvin H, Wayne, Clark, Marshall Faulk, Welker, Decker, Garcon, D. Thomas, J Thomas, etc. I see a few HoF players and several Pro Bowlers there.

He has had some stellar players around him, and made sure when he left Indy he had plenty of firepower to work with.

Alright, let me rephrase that... "To the Post-Season."

I refrain from the term winning season because then you invite Drew and Ben into that conversation and my point becomes moot.

Look at GB without Rodgers right now.  You don't think he carried us to the post-season?

Just now, Sugashane said:

Peyton carried a team without help? When was this?

Edge, Marvin H, Wayne, Clark, Marshall Faulk, Welker, Decker, Garcon, D. Thomas, J Thomas, etc. I see a few HoF players and several Pro Bowlers there.

He has had some stellar players around him, and made sure when he left Indy he had plenty of firepower to work with.

That 2009 Colts Roster was not that good. Wayne was the only offensive weapon who you could call even close to elite.

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You mean how Wilson makes his line look much worse than it actually is and still has been able to have a good defense?

Seriously, can we stop this notion that there have been ANY QBs in the last 30 years other than Peyton and Tom who can truly carry a team to a ring without help?

How does wilson makes his line look much worse? Some plays he's getting instant pressure lmao

He's also the leading rusher on his team, how about that?

That 2009 Colts Roster was not that good. Wayne was the only offensive weapon who you could call even close to elite.

Dallas Clark? TE who literally had 100 catches and 10 TDs.

Want to see a WR corp with no talent, 2017 Chicago Bears.  When did Tom or Peyton have that level of talent to pass to?

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Because of a 2-game sample size though? People just waiting to pounce on the kid having a bad game. But if he threw for 400 and 4 tonight people would've called it an anomaly. This board is so annoying some times in that capacity. 

No. I wasn't enamored with him last season either. He was the guy who stepped into Romo's position (and arguably one of the best situations a rookie QB could have stepped into) and had some solid success. But it wasn't world ending (much like people thought Griffin's rookie campaign was). Defenses quickly learned they had to stack the box against Elliot. Nobody knew Dak's talent level. This year he hasn't been as impressive. He's had a few good ones, but accuracy has been off, and in games without Elliott or where Elliot didn't have good performances, it isn't rocket science to see that Prescott has struggled. He's still on my list in the upper half of QB's in the league, but for some people, dude was the second coming of pure greatness totally unopposed. 

Archived