The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nope. Not yet. He's still got a lot more to show before we can do that. I'm hoping the sack numbers come down and the TD passes go up but I'm happy that save for the Bills game he's been protecting the ball while not totally Alex Smith'ing it. 

It's a shame we didn't just draft a stud Tight end to really help Sam out

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Dude Mayer is coming on. He looked awesome in the little bit I watched of the Raiders game. He had an 18-yard catch and it looked just like Gronk. I am so bitter lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude Mayer is coming on. He looked awesome in the little bit I watched of the Raiders game. He had an 18-yard catch and it looked just like Gronk. I am so bitter lol

Right, that's exactly who I was thinking about. He was the safe solid pick at #16 all throughout the process but he dropped because of the combine

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Still throwing an awful lot

Yeah no complaints on Howell.  We moved the ball well.  EB did call some more short passes and quicker passes, but EB is still calling a massively lopsided pass to run ratio.  It is well over 3 to 1.

49 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Yeah no complaints on Howell.  We moved the ball well.  EB did call some more short passes and quicker passes, but EB is still calling a massively lopsided pass to run ratio.  It is well over 3 to 1.

I hated that 4th and 1 quick out to McLaurin. Wanted to give Robinson a shot at it . Good teams can get a yard when needed.

• Like 1

Sam played very well yesterday from everything I saw.

I hadn’t yet seen the NYG game until this morning. He was absolutely awful in that one — I didn’t really know how bad until I saw it — so it was great to see him bounce back. 

Late in the NYG game, they started moving the pocket and had some success. I think that carried over into the gameplan yesterday, and it worked well for Sam. It also allows a guy like Dotson to work his quickness and leveraging ability to fill advantage, which was nice to see. It shrinks the field and simplifies the reads, which is big for Sam, and it has the added benefit of ensuring that he’s not a sitting duck with a bullseye in the center of the pocket that pass-rushers can target.  

• Like 1

Two of Sam's best games were against the Eagles. He seems to have their number for whatever reason. I'm waiting for him to do something equally impressive against someone else. He's Jekyll and Hyde at the moment. Looking forward to Sam vs Bellicheck. I think it's gonna tell us a lot about Sam. 

• Like 1

From what I have heard Rivera has now decided an publicly bragged that he found a franchise qb in Howell.  He basically made the qb excuse for all the past failures and then says he has solved it.  As much as I wish that was the case, Rivera has now cursed Howell to failure.  

Rivera has shown his real colors.  He kicks Chase Young on the way out the door to make himself look better and then uses Howell's potential to brag how he solved the franchise qb problem and again make himself look better. 

Anyways, sorry guys, Howell is jinxed now.  

On 10/16/2023 at 9:44 PM, taylor made said:

Hate to continue to be that guy but Logan Thomas is the 10th most productive TE in the NFL based on fantasy stats and he missed a game bc of the cheap shot he received from Kareem Jackson on his best catch as a Washington player miraculously holding onto that ball for a TD.

Logan has been a very good TE for Howell this year. He's averaging 4 catches a game & has 3 TDs.

He's on pace for 66 recs, 650 yds & 7 TDs in 16 games.

• Like 1