The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Possibly. The Steelers offense is in a lot of ways held back by their offensive coordinator Matt Canada which some analysts, Big Ben or other teams coaches/executives have called it boring, predictable and elementary.

The offensive skill positions in Pittsburgh aren’t as good as the commanders IMO especially with Pat F out who Pickett had a great report with last year and was Pickett’s top target.

Maybe if Sam is in Pitt, he’s better than what Pickett is showing but 1. They’re offensive coaching & scheme are pedestrian and 2. Beyond Pickett being w/o Pat F, his most reliable WR and best route runner Diontae Johnson missed 3 and a half games with a hamstring injury.

I think what @lavar703 was saying that if Sam was taken in the 1st round rather than the 5th would anyone be talking bad about Sam like some in our fanbase still are?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think what @lavar703 was saying that if Sam was taken in the 1st round rather than the 5th would anyone be talking bad about Sam like some in our fanbase still are?

Oh, I would say they would be bc some people will always find something to complain about. 😂 

There’d still be people talking about the sacks, him holding onto the ball to long at times & him not getting to his check downs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh, I would say they would be bc some people will always find something to complain about. 😂 

There’d still be people talking about the sacks, him holding onto the ball to long at times & him not getting to his check downs.

Isn't it funny how we made two changes on the OL the past two games and there's not been any complaining about those three things?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Isn't it funny how we made two changes on the OL the past two games and there's not been any complaining about those three things?

It’s true & I think the offensive lineman who took over had played better in the preseason from what I saw so I have to question why Larsen & Paul weren’t starting week 1. Really bad self scouting/evaluation by Bieniemy & Rivera.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Damn !!!!!!!! Is it a coinkydinky that the greatest QB in Redskin history has the same name ? Slingin' SAMmy Baugh ? I think not !

Do we really, I mean REALLY- FINALLY have the chosen One ?  I'm not 100% yet but VERY hopeful . !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not all-in on Howell yet, but I absolutely am growing as a big fan of his. Some of the throws he makes scream elite level. I think what he did on 3rd and 23, running for the first down impressed me more. He is such a competitor. I love the responsibility that he takes for his performances and strives to improve week by week. I think that INT in the endzone was a terrible decision, but I still think a timeout should have been called. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:
32 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Me too. I can’t copy and transfer the tweets like I used to. X sucks. 

So there are two work arounds that I have found. First is to use the method the 3 dots (as @MikeT14 said) and copy the embed link.

If that doesn't work, when you click on a link or open a tweet, ensure that the url in the web address has the Twitter .com as part of its address and not x .com.  You can manually copy and paste and it should auto-embed.

For whatever reason the links with the new moniker X will not auto-embed. It could have something to do with how they rerouted everything once Elon renamed it.

Hope this helps guys.

*Edit* for example:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1721874448171868160?s=20

^^^^ This will auto-embed

https://x.com/NFL_DougFarrar/status/1721874448171868160?s=20

^^^^ This will not

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 11:07 PM, Thaiphoon said:

How about now?

He's had a great two games and the sack issue seems to be improving because of the switch to the O-Line or center. He seems way more comfortable in the pocket as well. This improves his arm strength because when he's not planted or throwing off his back foot, he can throw some ugly passes. I do still think there are some athletic concerns. And some of his sacks can be attributed that he thinks he is faster than he is and can't avoid them due to his lack of quickness. I seriously doubt he runs faster than a 4.8 forty.  He's more of a power runner than a fast runner. Long term, he's not gonna be able to bull-doze defenders like he did with that crazy run he had this past week. 

• Like 1