The 2023-2024 Sam Howell thread

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Damn guys, Is it possible we caught lightning in a bottle after so many misses/ mistakes ? A 5 th round forgotten Q B . Be still my beating heart ! 😍

Let’s face it we deserve some kind of luck. We haven’t had a franchise QB at least in the last 40-50 years. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Well Turtle's gonna argue for Cousins ,,and he was the closest since Joey T .

I mean… Brad Johnson had us to w/in a bad snap on a FG attempt to put us in the NFC Championship Game in 1999 before Dan had a chance to discard of him after the 2000 season.

Kirk is the last skins/WFT/C’s QB to win a playoff game in 2019 but for the Vikings & he led them to 13 wins last year despite then having the worst D in the league bc of multiple failed draft picks in the secondary and O'Connell switched them from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

https://x.com/john_keim/status/1692566417910960406?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

@john_keim “Sam Howell: "It means a lot of course to have this opportunity in front of me. All my work is ahead of me; this is only the beginning. I have a lot of work in front of me."

@john_keim “Rivera said Howell did not surprise him. Said it's what he was anticipating would happen. "It was Sam's to lose and he did nothing to lose it," Rivera said.”

@JPFinlayNBCS “The biggest/best thing I saw from Howell in 2022 was the immense growth from Week 3 of preseason to Week 18 of regular season. Sounds like Rivera saw similar growth this offseason, which would mean really good things for Washington in 2023.”

@ZachSelbyWC “

Rivera said the first practice against Baltimore was the sign for him that Howell was solidified as the starter. Howell kept showing Rivera that he's capable of doing what they need him to do.

"Sam's our guy."

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I mean… Brad Johnson had us to w/in a bad snap on a FG attempt to put us in the NFC Championship Game in 1999 before Dan had a chance to discard of him after the 2000 season.

Kirk is the last skins/WFT/C’s QB to win a playoff game in 2019 but for the Vikings & he led them to 13 wins last year despite then having the worst D in the league bc of multiple failed draft picks in the secondary and O'Connell switched them from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

I forget about Johson cause it was as if we borrowed him a coupla seasons. Cousins-I had a love hate thing. Loved when we drafted him and always thought he was better than RG3 but he always seemed to implode at the worst of times . 

29 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I forget about Johson cause it was as if we borrowed him a coupla seasons. Cousins-I had a love hate thing. Loved when we drafted him and always thought he was better than RG3 but he always seemed to implode at the worst of times . 

I don't disagree at times that happened, but other times Kirk was clutch - which some have selective memory on - and as I and many others have said for 7 years, teams win games & championships. No QB wins playoff games with a bad running game and a bad defense, it just doesn't happen.

I put that on Jay & our front office for not making us stronger in those two areas to make our team into a contender.

Edited by turtle28

https://x.com/dcsportsxp/status/1692886633060692069?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

DCsportsexperience graphic on Sam Howell for QB1. 

Anyone know why my tweets aren’t posting since Twitter changed to X?

I noticed my g on the end is not underlined, that may be something. I am always on my iPhone when I’m on this site now so that may be something too. 🤷‍♂️

@Thaiphoon @naptownskinsfan @MikeT14 @Webmaster

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

https://x.com/dcsportsxp/status/1692886633060692069?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

I noticed my g on the end is not underlined, that may be something. I am always on my iPhone when I’m on this site now so that may be something too. 🤷‍♂️

Something Elon did with X 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@turtle28 when you click the "share" button, select "copy link to post". Then when you paste it into the forum, click the "paste as plain text instead" then once you press enter after the link, it should auto-embed.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dunno on that one