Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Jacob Infante did a mock offseason where he had us signing Jamel Dean for 4/70. Haven’t considered corner much for us, but Dean and JJ playing for a contract with Gordon in the slot sounds STRONG. 

I want us to sign a CB...actually I want us to sign two but in this scheme I don't think you need to spend that sort of money to find strong production as long as you get the pass rush right...Rock Ya-Sin is still my #1 CB target.

• Like 1

I believe if the season ended now, they would be picking 4th behind Houston, Carolina and Vegas

Saints winning was big, and I now believe preseason contenders Washington, Detroit and Atlanta are firmly out of the top 3 race

If the Bears can get to 2, that would be ideal

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I believe if the season ended now, they would be picking 4th behind Houston, Carolina and Vegas

Saints winning was big, and I now believe preseason contenders Washington, Detroit and Atlanta are firmly out of the top 3 race

If the Bears can get to 2, that would be ideal

This season for me has always been about embracing the suck, but I'm practically hugging a Hoover at this point. Bring it on.

Panthers remaining schedule is DEN, SEA, PIT, DET, TBB, and NO. It would not be unreasonable if they won a couple of those games. 

We have NYJ, GB, PHI, BUF, DET, and MIN. That is a much tougher schedule. Houston is too bad to bother to even look at their schedule. We could end up with the NO. 2 pick. If that is the case then I 100% want to trade that pick. Hopefully with DET for their 2 1st.

3 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Panthers remaining schedule is DEN, SEA, PIT, DET, TBB, and NO. It would not be unreasonable if they won a couple of those games. 

We have NYJ, GB, PHI, BUF, DET, and MIN. That is a much tougher schedule. Houston is too bad to bother to even look at their schedule. We could end up with the NO. 2 pick. If that is the case then I 100% want to trade that pick. Hopefully with DET for their 2 1st.

I'd rather not give Detroit a shot at a franchise changer, but I wouldn't be too upset with getting maybe Seattle's two 1's especially since one of them will be top 10 thanks to the Broncos being s***

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd rather not give Detroit a shot at a franchise changer, but I wouldn't be too upset with getting maybe Seattle's two 1's especially since one of them will be top 10 thanks to the Broncos being s***

Not sure that I would qualify any of the QBs in this draft as franchise changers but to each his own. We would net better draft picks and probably better prospects with DET's picks.

7 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Not sure that I would qualify any of the QBs in this draft as franchise changers but to each his own. We would net better draft picks and probably better prospects with DET's picks.

That argument can be made in almost every draft since nobody is a sure thing. I'd much rather they have Goff in 2023 than Stroud or Young in 2023 and beyond. I'll take my chances

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

That argument can be made in almost every draft since nobody is a sure thing. I'd much rather they have Goff in 2023 than Stroud or Young in 2023 and beyond. I'll take my chances

I can appreciate your point but I would rather has the better prospect. Too many factors and variables as too trying to play the draft "defensively". I want quality people in the door regardless as to what teams around me are doing. Give me the better prospect all day and make teams afraid of us as opposed to being afraid of what they are doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Bryce Young back to throwing to Jameson Williams is not something Id like to see for the next decade (not to mention ARSB)

• Like 1