Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

7 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

haha i was on there A LOT yesterday. i really like the trade back with DET/SEA, grabbing their 2nd 1, then grabbing anderson at 3/4 then Bresse at 13 or a WR at 16

Definitely! I rarely mess with them because I get into full on junkie mode with them. Easy way to lose 4 hours like with making mock offseasons. 😅

Surprisingly, Bijan Robinson was available at my 2(34) pick and I was stuck on whether to get him or not. But I had decided that I would have went out and got a RB in FA, which let me pick Dexter. Its annoying when I can't pick between people so I have to justify crap to myself on something as menial as this. lol

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Definitely! I rarely mess with them because I get into full on junkie mode with them. Easy way to lose 4 hours like with making mock offseasons. 😅

Surprisingly, Bijan Robinson was available at my 2(34) pick and I was stuck on whether to get him or not. But I had decided that I would have went out and got a RB in FA, which let me pick Dexter. Its annoying when I can't pick between people so I have to justify crap to myself on something as menial as this. lol

the only annoying thing about pff is it doesn't show what picks you've made/have upcoming unless you scroll, so there were a few times were i was like, "crap i need a WR or edge" then end up with like, 3 of them because i forget who i took

• Like 1

If the current order were to hold up, am I crazy to think we should try to trade down with Houston? They take Anderson 1 and their QBOC 2nd (or vise versa). Actually they probably would draft the QB 1st since the value of our pick would be higher if QB1 were still on the board.

Anyway they have the ammo to get to 2 with 10, 32, 64 and 2 1s next year. For precedent, in 2021 SF traded their 2021, 2022 and 2023 1s and their 2022 3 to MIA to go from 12 to 3. Would HOU trade 10, 64 and both theirs and CLE’s 2024 1st rounders to get to 2? Would that be enough for you? It would be for me.

SEA could offer more immediate return but may not be drafting a QB. Geno has been great this year, is only 32 and has really low mileage relative to his age. Detroit would only have to move 1 spot and would almost certainly offer less. CAR has less to offer unless they include players in a trade package. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m trying to find 2 wins somewhere for HOU since 3-14 would be worse than 3-13-1:

CLE 

@DAL 

KC

@TEN 

JAX

@IND 

They’d almost have to win in the Watson return game this weekend, right? 

Jax and Indy aren’t out of the question I’d say.  Certainly not Indy.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m trying to find 2 wins somewhere for HOU since 3-14 would be worse than 3-13-1:

CLE 

@DAL 

KC

@TEN 

JAX

@IND 

They’d almost have to win in the Watson return game this weekend, right? 

Yes and it’s very possible. That place will be buzzing Sunday.

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Anyway they have the ammo to get to 2 with 10, 32, 64 and 2 1s next year. For precedent, in 2021 SF traded their 2021, 2022 and 2023 1s and their 2022 3 to MIA to go from 12 to 3. Would HOU trade 10, 64 and both theirs and CLE’s 2024 1st rounders to get to 2? Would that be enough for you? It would be for me.

Unfortunately, that MIA/SF trade has that QB premium boosting it's value.  You're not getting 2 FRPs on top of moving from 10 to 2.  I think best case, you could ask for something like the Chargers received when they traded Eli Manning to the Giants.  But I also don't think the Texans are anywhere near ready to start checking in draft picks to move up.  If I were Houston, I'd offer our 3rd this year and a SRP next year to make that move up.  Obviously, that wouldn't be worth it for Chicago.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Unfortunately, that MIA/SF trade has that QB premium boosting it's value.  You're not getting 2 FRPs on top of moving from 10 to 2.  I think best case, you could ask for something like the Chargers received when they traded Eli Manning to the Giants.  But I also don't think the Texans are anywhere near ready to start checking in draft picks to move up.  If I were Houston, I'd offer our 3rd this year and a SRP next year to make that move up.  Obviously, that wouldn't be worth it for Chicago.

I'm not going to begin to know what is/isn't fair trade value - all it takes is one team, but are you saying that if HOU takes Anderson or Carter at #1, we would conceivably be able to ask for more because they would likely be coming up to #2 for a QB?

If so, that seems like it would be increadibly short sighted by Poles to get less just because of the position of the player that HOU would be hoping to get at #2. Personally, i think there is a middle ground - maybe #2 for #10, #32, and CLE 2024 FRP

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Ok I had to do one more

Capture.png

Forgot about getting the 2024 picks too in the above one

Capture-2.png

Too good, nope. lol

If we are able to trade down while being able to still draft Anderson at 8 and then grab Robinson and then having three 1st next year I would chew my foot off and throw it in the firepit as a sacrifice to the football gods and then perform a riverdance. This is a true statement.

Edited by Bigbear72