Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

27 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

If we are able to trade down while being able to still draft Anderson at 8 and then grab Robinson and then having three 1st next year I would chew my foot off and through it in the firepit as a sacrifice to the football gods and then perform a riverdance. This is a true statement.

Yeah, I got a hell of a laugh at it. SEA drafted Ringo and GB drafted Myles Murphy too. So we got THAT kind of compensation for those two? And then both Richardson and Mayer goes before Anderson? 😂

Capture-2.png

20 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm not going to begin to know what is/isn't fair trade value - all it takes is one team, but are you saying that if HOU takes Anderson or Carter at #1, we would conceivably be able to ask for more because they would likely be coming up to #2 for a QB?

If so, that seems like it would be increadibly short sighted by Poles to get less just because of the position of the player that HOU would be hoping to get at #2. Personally, i think there is a middle ground - maybe #2 for #10, #32, and CLE 2024 FRP

History is usually the best indicator of the future.  And there's really nothing to suggest that a team is going to pay a premium to move up for a non-QB.  I believe the last time that happened was 2014 when the Bills traded #9 and an '05 FRP and 4th round pick to move up.  That would value that CLE '24 FRP as worth roughly a late FRP.  I'm not saying the value isn't there.  I just don't think the motivation to move up for a non-QB is going to garner that kind of premium.

Houston is going to go to QB at 1 unless they don't like the QBs.  There's no reason for them to pass on a QB at 1 to take one at 2 instead.  You save like 350k by taking a QB at 2 as opposed to 1.  You than take out the "QB premium" out of the trade discussions in that situation, so unless a team is willing to pay a premium to Chicago at 2 (for a QB) than Houston is probably the most capable suitor given their sheer amount of draft capital.  At that point, Houston's options are to either match the QB premium (not likely) or begin negotiations with the team that is picking 3rd.  If Houston is moving up, it's probably more likely at 3 or 4 than 2, because #2 likely is the Stroud/Young range.  No different than a few years ago when Winston and Mariota went 1 and 2.  Mariota was going #2.  It was just a question of whether it'd be to Tennessee or someone else.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

If we are able to trade down while being able to still draft Anderson at 8 and then grab Robinson and then having three 1st next year I would chew my foot off and through it in the firepit as a sacrifice to the football gods and then perform a riverdance. This is a true statement.

Those mock simulations are fun, but wildly unrealistic.  Reading between the lines, they got a FRP to move from 2 to 3 (not gonna happen) and then another FRP to move from 3 to 8 (again, not gonna happen).  Who would Green Bay be willing to give up their FRP next year for?  Will Anderson and maybe Jalen Carter are the only two that you might be able to make an argument for.  I'm not giving up 2 FRPs to take an OT.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Those mock simulations are fun, but wildly unrealistic.  Reading between the lines, they got a FRP to move from 2 to 3 (not gonna happen) and then another FRP to move from 3 to 8 (again, not gonna happen).  Who would Green Bay be willing to give up their FRP next year for?  Will Anderson and maybe Jalen Carter are the only two that you might be able to make an argument for.  I'm not giving up 2 FRPs to take an OT.

Yep, unrealistic but fun, and once trades get involved they become downright comical.

LOL

I just tried this out.  Couldn't get trades to work until i figured out how to disable pop up blocker.

This is Pro Football Network One.

So here was draft, but in addition to this through trades I picked up 5 2024 first round picks probably a few of which will be really bad teams.

Can you imagine?   6 first round picks in 2024?  LOL

If that could be real, I would then trade a few of those in 2024 for more 1st rounders each year in perpetuity.   

So below draft plus:

2024 Denver 1st

2024 LA 1st

2024 GB 1st

2024 Sea 1st

2024 Cin 1st 

Isaiah Foskey

EDGE Notre Dame

Gervon Dexter

DT Florida

O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

Sedrick Van Pran

OC Georgia

Dalton Kincaid

TE Utah

Andre Carter II

EDGE Army

Noah Daniels

CB TCU

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL

I just tried this out.  Couldn't get trades to work until i figured out how to disable pop up blocker.

So here was draft, but in addition to this through trades I picked up 5 2024 first round picks probably a few of which will be really bad teams.

If that could be real, I would then trade a few of those in 2024 for more 1st rounders each year in perpetuity.   

So below draft plus:

2024 Denver 1st

2024 LA 1st

2024 GB 1st

2024 Sea 1st

2024 Cin 1st 

Isaiah Foskey

EDGE Notre Dame

Gervon Dexter

DT Florida

O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

Sedrick Van Pran

OC Georgia

Dalton Kincaid

TE Utah

Andre Carter II

EDGE Army

Noah Daniels

CB TCU

Could you imagine the announcers after the 3rd trade?

tumblr_inline_pk7gx7xu8K1rgjids_250.gifv

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL

So below draft plus:

2024 Denver 1st

2024 LA 1st

2024 GB 1st

2024 Sea 1st

2024 Cin 1st 

Isaiah Foskey

EDGE Notre Dame

Gervon Dexter

DT Florida

O'Cyrus Torrence

OG Florida

Sedrick Van Pran

OC Georgia

Dalton Kincaid

TE Utah

Andre Carter II

EDGE Army

Noah Daniels

CB TCU

That would be hilarious. I wouldn’t be mad about Foskey at 25 at all. 

i tried earlier to see if I could trade down for 30 first round picks next year but was instantly thwarted by Seattle 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That would be hilarious. I wouldn’t be mad about Foskey at 25 at all. 

i tried earlier to see if I could trade down for 30 first round picks next year but was instantly thwarted by Seattle 

I think I got offered 1 more future first rounder for something and I declined because I had to go somewhere.

I think we all should take a moment of silence to recognize Trevor Siemian and the sacrifice that he made in our pursuit of the number 1 or number 2 pick in this upcoming draft. 

#therealhero

#takeonefortheteam

#neverforget

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1