Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I still believe the Claypool swing is the right move...no doubt he is a talented player just needs more time to fully understand the system and build a bit of connection with Fields long term.

Well he only has one more year one his contract, if he doesn't show more and connect with Fields next season then he is gone.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Well he only has one more year one his contract, if he doesn't show more and connect with Fields next season then he is gone.

Yeah...so there is very little risk attached to it & a lot of reward if he does become a real threat for us next season...I get people value draft picks and I do too but truthfully if Claypool doesn't work out and some 4th rounder does then I couldn't care less about what resources we used on them it's all about production...hopefully all of them work out but we know that isn't probable...the NFL has shown for years you can find players in many different ways.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Josh McDaniels calls a sweep in 4th and 3” is something special.

If only he had been hired by the Bears. Think of how much better we'd be right now! Most likely playoff-bound, like the Raiders are. 

McDaniels has clearly grown up since he was last a head coach. And, learned from his mistakes. I would not be at all surprised if the Raiders make the Super Bowl...

Edited by Heinz D.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

McDaniels should be Coach of the Year...

He’s definitely going to keep his job for the next two years after that win. But mostly because the Raiders can’t afford to fire him and hire a new coach for two years 

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Crazy how many bad teams there are out there with only 3 wins...some of them better start winning & not mess this up for us with their SOS.

Everyone is tanking it seems.  Some are trying, like Raiders and Denver, but just bad.

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Josh McDaniels calls a sweep in 4th and 3” is something special.

Awful

There was like 3 crazy situational decisions he made in that game.  

I don’t even remember what they were, but I do remember thinking that was really stupid. 

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Awful

There was like 3 crazy situational decisions he made in that game.  

I don’t even remember what they were, but I do remember thinking that was really stupid. 

It would be strangely comforting for him to end up back in NE for a couple years. Less comforting if we're debating whether he's learned from his mistakes and might just be the guy for the Bears in 2027. 

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

It would be strangely comforting for him to end up back in NE for a couple years. Less comforting if we're debating whether he's learned from his mistakes and might just be the guy for the Bears in 2027. 

I still think he is a good offensive mind and a good QB teacher.   Too many people who really know football say so and swear by his football brain.  

He was key reason a lot of guys in NE looked good that weren't that good.   

But being a coaching team with Belichick and Scarnecchia obviously makes a giant difference and isn't as good without them - yet.  Maybe ever.   Coaching football is ultimate team sport too.

All important cogs in a machine.   Mike Shanahan is not Mike Shanahan without Alex Gibbs and Alex Gibbs is not Gibbs without Shanahan.   It was their collaboration that made them great.  

And Kyle Shanahan is not Kyle without learning at Mike and Alex's knee.

But it seems McDaniels needs Belichick needs McDaniels.   But I think Belichick is still better with McDaniels if that makes sense.

He can still be good.  He can still learn from mistakes and get better.   He can make his own team in time.   Maybe not, but it isn't the impossibility and done deal people are claiming.   He is nothing but a bum and will always be a bum.   I am not ready to say that yet.

People are too instant popcorn.