Week 7 Gameday Thread: Green Bay Packers (3-3-0) @ Washington Commanders (2-4-0)

Striker

Did MLF have his fingers crossed behind his back when he answered the question about getting Jones more touches?

Offense on paper has exactly one weapon, and they don't use him. Defense is a meme at this point. That drafting philosophy from the past two regimes has to go burn in a barrel. They'll be making a painful missing rings show about this **** show of a decade down the line.

• Like 1

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

……… yo fire Joe Barry 

idk why he didn’t stack the box up. Also we got lucky with TH

Oh hey, it’s the Jets fan! You’re doing good against the Broncos!

Our story is that we keep playing teams with desperate injuries who then summon great courage and fortitude to play well against us. Also, our quarterback is frowning his a$$ off so he’s obviously not our problem. 

The good news is there will be no postseason heartbreaker this year.

Loss to the Bills.
Win against the Lions.
Losses against the Cowboys, Titans and Eagles.

That'll bring us to 8 losses on the year.

So after the Eagles game, I'll be able to officially and without shame switch to rooting for the Bills.

Once the Packers are eliminated, I automatically root for the teams left with the fewest Super Bowl wins.

• Like 3

I see wins against the Lions, Bears and one more surprise win out of the rest of the games.

So 7-10.

That'll likely put us in the top 14 somewhere in the draft.

We're currently picking 13th overall, so maybe it'll be higher.

Hopefully the Dolphins finish worse than us since their first round pick got forfeited.

So the Dolphins game will be the perfect not turning into a loser mentality team morale boosting win.

• Like 1

In reality though...

Losing is the best practice.

16 teams this century had 4 or more losses in the regular season before winning the Super Bowl.

Including the Packers.

Which is why I will not actively root against the Packers or stop hoping until they've been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Still, though... It's pretty clear that without some help, this team isn't gonna make it.

But still, there's precedent.

Giants 2011 with a 4 game losing streak, 5/6 losses over 6 weeks.
Giants 2007 with two losses to start the season, plus 3 ugly late season losses.
Ravens 2012 losing 4 of their last 5 games

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Did MLF have his fingers crossed behind his back when he answered the question about getting Jones more touches?

Offense on paper has exactly one weapon, and they don't use him. Defense is a meme at this point. That drafting philosophy from the past two regimes has to go burn in a barrel. They'll be making a painful missing rings show about this **** show of a decade down the line.

36% of the plays went to Jones.  Pretty big share of the offense.

42 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Oh hey, it’s the Jets fan! You’re doing good against the Broncos!

Our story is that we keep playing teams with desperate injuries who then summon great courage and fortitude to play well against us. Also, our quarterback is frowning his a$$ off so he’s obviously not our problem. 

I’m not a jets fan 👀

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The good news is there will be no postseason heartbreaker this year.

Loss to the Bills.
Win against the Lions.
Losses against the Cowboys, Titans and Eagles.

That'll bring us to 8 losses on the year.

So after the Eagles game, I'll be able to officially and without shame switch to rooting for the Bills.

Once the Packers are eliminated, I automatically root for the teams left with the fewest Super Bowl wins.

You think we're really good enough to beat the Lions.....I don't know about that right now.  Lions at least compete and play hard.  If they punch us in the face once, we'll surely fall over for them.