Week 7 Gameday Thread: Green Bay Packers (3-3-0) @ Washington Commanders (2-4-0)

Striker

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

I wonder how that game goes if the Refs dont take away our 2nd defensive TD.

Offense showed something in the 2nd. 

Terry McLaurin is nice. Wentz just doesnt throw him the ball. Us playing Heinicke was actually playing their better QB...

Also if they properly spot the ball before our 4th down failure.  Looked like Amari had the first to me. 

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

The biggest disappointment is the Defense with this much talent, I can handle the offense sputtering like this because it's expected without Adams, but you have 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  first round picks and 4 good FA pickups, how can **** be this bad? how? Barry wasn't even this bad last year. I guess when a team implodes it implodes but with that much talent even with a ****ty play caller it shouldnt be this bad.

I expected them to have growing pains but they are legitimately one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I didn't expect it to be THIS bad

Defense being frauds again as usual remains disappointing, but at this point as a fan, I only blame myself for ever getting my hopes up with that side of the ball from year to year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I think part of this problem is the entire identity of the Defense is built to play with a lead. It prioritizes rushing with 4 and playing 2 shell.

Our offense cannot generate a lead so the defense is stuck constantly facing situations it was not built and designed to stop.

I agree with this completely.

Or more like I think they don't seem able to change their style of play if/when it is needed.

Edited by Mazrimiv

5 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I think part of this problem is the entire identity of the Defense is built to play with a lead. It prioritizes rushing with 4 and playing 2 shell.

Our offense cannot generate a lead so the defense is stuck constantly facing situations it was not built and designed to stop.

I agree, but giving up this many 3rd and longs with this much talent is unacceptable. There was so many times where we are in position to make the stop but the receiver's are just making better plays on the balls, and I know they get paid too but they shouldn't be losing this much on those downs.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

The funny part of the Packers post-Rodgers reset is that they did a lot of stuff right, but then they didn't move on from Rodgers.

No, I am not saying Rodgers is at fault for the fiasco that is the current Packers season.  But watching this team play, it seems clear that the latest Rodgers contract was not the right move.

I agree .. Murphy, Gute and LaFleur blew it big time.   That loss to the Niners in the playoffs last year was the perfect stepping off point.  Instead theu doubled down on Rodgers and appear to have lost big time.  Maybe he will turn it around, but I wouldn't be much on it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The funny part of the Packers post-Rodgers reset is that they did a lot of stuff right, but then they didn't move on from Rodgers.

No, I am not saying Rodgers is at fault for the fiasco that is the current Packers season.  But watching this team play, it seems clear that the latest Rodgers contract was not the right move.

They just needed to do one of the two plans. Move on from Rodgers and get all the draft capital you can, or keep Rodgers and go further into cap hell in order to take one last shot.

They chose to do the worst parts of each strategy and it's backfiring. Obviously, you can't predict key players regressing and the defensive scheme being more ineffective. But the overall plan is just flawed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I expected them to have growing pains but they are legitimately one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I didn't expect it to be THIS bad

Defense being frauds again as usual remains disappointing, but at this point as a fan, I only blame myself for ever getting my hopes up with that side of the ball from year to year

We should know better by now indeed lol

There are just so many things going wrong, it seems pointless to pretend this team is going to turn this season around.  Is there anything this team does well?  I honestly can't think of anything.  Doesn't paint a very positive picture for the coaching.

I would be genuinely shocked to see this team figure things out and snag a WC berth.

There are just so many things going wrong, it seems pointless to pretend this team is going to turn this season around.  Is there anything this team does well?  I honestly can't think of anything.  Doesn't paint a very positive picture for the coaching.

I would be genuinely shocked to see this team figure things out and snag a WC berth.

the best coffin corner punting team of my lifetime

I wanted to write this post, but I couldn’t because I liked everything that transpired—ultimately—in the offseason. I was sure our guy was going to cruise forever like ol Tom Brady. Now the lookback machine says that we could have had draft picks and moved on from Frowny McFrownpants.

Norm says the NFL will troll us with a Packer win next week. We’d be back to .500 and with a big pelt on the self-esteem wall.

I say abandon all hope ye who enter here. Leave your posts and die in a way that suits you best. We’ve been betrayed. All is lost.

• Like 1