Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's not super crazy given he has another super cheap year.

Golden Tate got a 2. Sanu got a 2.  Manny a 3 and 4.  That contract is really a boon if you believe in the talent. 

Late 2, 3 and 5 isn't that big of a deal for a true contender

And how did those trades turn out for those teams?

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Must agree. Physically freakish WR on a rookie contract who produced well the past two years, including 10+ TDs as a rookie. He's worth at least one day two pick.

If you're pegging your stake to the guy who had 10 TDs in his rookie season, and then 2 the season after that I'd call you crazy.  TDs are largely products of situation.  His numbers (aside from TDs) were pretty much the same in his rookie and sophomore seasons.  I could see maybe a Day 2 pick plus something else, but a McCaffrey-level package for someone who has proven less (albeit been healthier) is crazy.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you believe in his talent, you don't think you're doing something stupid. 

Every team thinks their supporting cast is going to get the most out of a player.  I mean, how many teams took a chance on Antonio Brown?  You don't think the Bucs thought that Tom Brady would be the perfect person to be around AB?  Overpaying based on optimism is a great way to ruin your franchise.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Every team thinks their supporting cast is going to get the most out of a player.  I mean, how many teams took a chance on Antonio Brown?  You don't think the Bucs thought that Tom Brady would be the perfect person to be around AB?  Overpaying based on optimism is a great way to ruin your franchise.

Its also how teams get great deals as long as its not that much of an overpay (this applies to contracts as well). People overrate draft picks on here. If we are talking something like pick 58 / 90 / 154, it's really just not that big of a deal. Take a team like KC - if they make this move, the pick can be expected to be late in teh second, they have a comp 3 from Ryan Poles so that's just dealing from surplus and they have like 3 comp 6/7s from various free agents. Dropping a late 5 not a big deal. This can vary team to team, but I wouldn't be overly concerned if I had some additional picks to work with. 

But again, if we are just talking market value...a solid #2 receiver that has 1.5 years left at a little over 2 million total, a late 2 / 3 / 5 is not out of line 

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you're pegging your stake to the guy who had 10 TDs in his rookie season, and then 2 the season after that I'd call you crazy.  TDs are largely products of situation.  His numbers (aside from TDs) were pretty much the same in his rookie and sophomore seasons.  I could see maybe a Day 2 pick plus something else, but a McCaffrey-level package for someone who has proven less (albeit been healthier) is crazy.

His rookie numbers were good across the board. His sophomore numbers were also solid, particularly knowing the passing game he was in and the limitations of his QB. I didn't argue he's getting a McCaffrey-level package.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

That's not super crazy given he has another super cheap year.

Golden Tate got a 2. Sanu got a 2.  Manny a 3 and 4.  That contract is really a boon if you believe in the talent. 

Late 2, 3 and 5 isn't that big of a deal for a true contender

Doesn’t that read as two 2s a 3 and 4?

• Like 1