Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean we resigned Kareem before and says he wants to be in Cleveland. What are you basing this on?

You misunderstood my post? Zero chance he'd resign as a a Jet. Hence , why they were not interested. 🍺

Or why you'd get a 1st!

Edited by Nabbs4u

We haven't mentioned it a lot, but I kind of hope that the Giants get in there now and make a move. They obviously have a clear need in the receiving game. Trade a 6th for Albert 0 from Denver, maybe see if you can get a Nelson Algholor or Kendrick Bourne for a day 3 pick or something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I love Nick, but as soon as we traded for Watson it was obvious we’d be switching to more pass heavy. We obviously haven’t done anything yet because we thought Brissett and our defense wouldn’t completely choke some of these games away.

Kareem will get moved first. If we’re serious about acquiring draft capital, Clowney would be next. The last serious domino is Chubb.

I'd pay a pretty penny for Chubb. Our offense with Gurley was pretty unstoppable. Chubb isn't the receiver Gurley was, but with the way we use screens, I think he'd be fine in that department. We could really use a difference maker on offense outside of Kupp at a skill position.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't know why, I feel like it's a lock that Kareem Hunt ends up a ram 

That works. I'd also be happy with David Montgomery and Robert Quinn. Two birds with one trade. EDIT: Well, technically, two Bears with one trade.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

That sounds reasonable, too, given the injury to Breece Hall.  I get the sense the Jets have less faith in Michael Carter than I do.

We are going to be a heavy run offense this year as has been proven so far. We need two starting calibre backs and with Breece going down we had to make a move. 

This trade is in no way a slight at MC. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That works. I'd also be happy with David Montgomery and Robert Quinn. Two birds with one trade. EDIT: Well, technically, two Bears with one trade.

Think the Eagles will be in on both of them too, could see Quinn to philly and DM to LA. We could use a RB, but I don't think Howie is going to outbid anyone.

If a more premium edge like Chubb or Burns does become attainable, he can at least outbid the Rams...unless they do a big future deal.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:58 AM, Blackstar12 said:

Help Me Out GIF by ALLBLK

He wanted to leave the Texans for the longest lol.

Opposite - he didn't want to be traded at all:

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/texans_wr_brandin_cooks_im_not_going_to_accept_any_more_trades/s1_14819_33751712

Now, one thing to note - Cooks was the quintessential Jack Easterby guy. Now that Easterby is gone, does Cooks want to go?

It would be a shame, Cooks is still a valuable receiver - he's worth more than the day 3 pick you'd get in return.

• Like 3