Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Claypool is a piss poor route runner, has poor hands and looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. There's a reason Pittsburgh is moving on from him and selling him at his highest perceived value. It's not a loss whatsoever.

I wanted Claypool.  I did like him.

But there's a lot of truth to this...and probably even more to it than we know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Claypool is a piss poor route runner, has poor hands and looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. There's a reason Pittsburgh is moving on from him and selling him at his highest perceived value. It's not a loss whatsoever.

Yeah .. he's not good.  He's a somewhat talented knucklehead, who probably wouldn't fit in real well in GB. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not surprised you're acting like the smartest guy in the room. 

What about next season? Lazard is probably the best FA WR on the market.

Not sure why you need to take a personal shot over that comment. What about next season? There is a lot of young talent in their WR right now, just very raw. Where they are at by December is still yet to be determined. Does justify overspending for someone for hopes of what they might do in 2023 and beyond. 

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So offer a 2024 conditional pick on top of the 2nd. If he plays well, losing the pick won't hurt, if he doesn't, the pick loss would be minimal. Claypool was the perfect fit for what Gute and LaFleur covet and they still didn't get him.

We're too good to get a top 10 pick and too bad to be a contender. That's ineptitude from your FO and staff.

But at the end of the day, you're still giving up, what, a top 40 pick for a Claypool? And I don't think he saves this season. That's pretty steep to me.

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

I did. Happens every year. Will happen next year too.

One of these years, I will be right. Maybe.

Just not how they operate. Draft picks are gold around here. I stopped getting excited about the trade deadline or free agency a decade ago. 2019 Gute almost gave me a heart attack.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Just not how they operate. Draft picks are gold around here. I stopped getting excited about the trade deadline or free agency a decade ago. 2019 Gute almost gave me a heart attack.

I should realize that too and accept it but it's the little things .. ha ha.

I understand that value of draft picks but seems like our management is always bargain bin hunting to fix our big problems. To me it seems like a charade every year. We are always linked to WR's but never land one. Might just be all for show to placate the fans.