Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sure, it's a massive failure from the big 3 anyway you look at it. We passed up monster draft capital, pushed more cap into the future, we suck, and we did nothing to improve. So are we rebuilding or contending? The answer is, who knows? That's the kind of answer ****ty organizations give, not the Green Bay Packers. We're squarely in the purgatory I used to pity other teams fanbases for being in.

Blame Murphy, most likely. The man probably doesn't want to fully commit to a rebuild while the men working under him have to take a half in, half out approach to appease the man and sustain whatever flexibility we can manage going forward. Aaron retiring forces his hand. It's a no win situation.

I mean, you can come at the Wisconsin situation with a level head but can't come at this one? (and I'm guilty of it the other way, I know).

Just now, pgwingman said:

Man I honestly didn't think fans would turn on Gute this fast. 

When you re-sign your aging QB to as much money as he did, traded his most reliable WR (for cap concerns) but did not bring a reliable one back in FA or trade expecting the rookies to step it up, I am not surprised at all.

Just now, Old Guy said:

Gute is sitting in his office right now, crying because of the lost opportunity to trade Rodgers two years ago and get an absolute heist in return. 

He and we as fans do not get to 'reap what he could have sewn!'

Such a shame! 

Had another chance this past offseason and they doubled down and resigned the guy.  They will have another chance this offseason and will probably pass it up.  They've hitched their wagon to the guy ... everyone is safe until Murphy steps down in a couple years.  If Policy is smart he'll clean house and hire a GM with full say in football operations.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bottom line is they thought they could compete with the team they have now... and they clearly can't.

It doesn't make sense to go from the low end of mediocre to the high end of mediocre while making poor value trades.

The defense is not good enough to carry them.  That was the plan, and it simply isn't working.  Adding to the offense  now will give them a chance to lose in the wild card round while paying with future assets.  It sucks, it hurts, but it's probably the right call given the previous mistakes made.

probably should have been sellers then

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Blame Murphy, most likely. The man probably doesn't want to fully commit to a rebuild while the men working under him have to take a half in, half out approach to appease the man and sustain whatever flexibility we can manage going forward. Aaron retiring forces his hand. It's a no win situation.

I mean, you can come at the Wisconsin situation with a level head but can't come at this one? (and I'm guilty of it the other way, I know).

Because the NCAA doesn't give a crap of it's a level playing field and the NFL goes out of its way to ensure it is.

Murphy's done his job, the stadium district is as profitable as ever. I still think this more has to do with the lack of balls from our HC and GM. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Had another chance this past offseason and they doubled down and resigned the guy.  They will have another chance this offseason and will probably pass it up.  They've hitched their wagon to the guy ... everyone is safe until Murphy steps down in a couple years.  If Policy is smart he'll clean house and hire a GM with full say in football operations.

No chance this off season! The contract is too prohibitive for the current production.