Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

30 some years of Hall of fame QB's .. 2 titles.  The Packers way works .. moderately.  Honestly we should have double the titles by now if not more.

The one rather large blind spot of not having an owner there to turn the pressure screws s bit. Murphy's job is to keep cash coming into the Org and the Board, slow and steady wins that race...

Some owners clearly only care about $$$ too, so not a blanket statement. After growing up watching the Flyers have an owner that was a 'win at all costs' (even though no cup wins) move onto a corporate owned business once Snider died, give me the owner with passion every time.

24 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Claypool barely moves the needle and if there is any hint of drama in the locker room, Claypool is the last guy you want to add to that mix. I'm a bit iffy on whether to believe we were interested. 

I would agree but he's also a guy Gute would absolutely love. Workout warrior type. 

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I think there is something to the "sell tickets not win games" take.  But I think it's like a tiebreaker rather than a true direction.

So when you have no direction, why not sell tickets -- that's kind of where it feels like this team is right now.

GB's season ticket waiting list is big enough to fill 2 Lambeaus. 

Selling tickets isn't a concern here. Packers are gonna sell put that stadium barring an equivalent of the "caught with a dead girl or a live boy" situation

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It actually is because of the chemistry between him and Adams. That would not have existed with any other team/WR. 

I suppose I just disagree on that point.  If Rodgers were traded he would have been twice as spiteful. With that level of spite he could have made a playoff team with WR corps in the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Easy to be the keyboard warrior GM. But there isn't a single person here that would have played it any differently if in Gute's shoes with mouths to feed. There are only 32 of those jobs and it's a million times better than scouting punters in Montana, which is where he likely ends up with trading Rodgers on his resume. Futhermore, he knows it could take a decade to find another QB, if ever. 

I’m really glad that Ted Thompson didn’t succumb to this line of thinking in 2008.

35 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Claypool barely moves the needle and if there is any hint of drama in the locker room, Claypool is the last guy you want to add to that mix. I'm a bit iffy on whether to believe we were interested. 

Agree, I'm not disappointed Gute didn't make a trade.  I'm shocked if he offered a 2 for Claypool.  Claypool wouldn't have moved the needle that much for us.  

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not even upset we missed out on Claypool but frankly this news makes Gute look even worse. If you like the guy that much to offer a 2 you have to get the deal done. Add a pick, player, whatever. This only shows Gute continues to be the guy who can't close a sale. 

This take is stupid and you should feel bad for having it

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I don't understand the sell lol.. Why be even worse with Rodgers next year

I seriously doubt Jones will be playing in GB next season, and there won't be a comp pick coming back when GB releases him.  If GB wasn't buying for the 2022 season, they should have been selling Jones.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I seriously doubt Jones will be playing in GB next season, and there won't be a comp pick coming back when GB releases him.  If GB wasn't buying for the 2022 season, they should have been selling Jones.

They can't make a new contract work, at all?

40 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would agree but he's also a guy Gute would absolutely love. Workout warrior type. 

Google Claypool - read 3 articles about his antics and let me know if you think Gute would want him in the same room as Watson, Doubs, and Toure. Just sayin