2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

13 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Someone earlier this year in this thread questioned Naji Marshall as a rotational player for the Pels and said he's been bad since college. Man has come up huge for us so many times this year, especially this game with half the team out.

Up by 29 before garbage time 💀

Pels stacked was never a joke

Could this season Nets be last season Celtics?

Remember last season the Celtics were coming off a gentle sweep of the Nets in the 1st round. Their HC stepped down and they promoted Udoka as HC. They started off really slow and everyone wrote them off. Then they hit their stride and drastically improved going on an historical run all the way to the Finals.

The Nets are in a similar situation. They got swept in the 1st round by the Celtics. They fired their HC after a slow start. They promoted Vaughn as HC. Everyone wrote them off and now they hit their stride and drastically improved going from 12th to 3rd now in the East. I think they have a legit case in the East to go to the Finals too.

50 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Remember last season the Celtics were coming off a gentle sweep of the Nets in the 1st round. Their HC stepped down and they promoted Udoka as HC. They started off really slow and everyone wrote them off. Then they hit their stride and drastically improved going on an historical run all the way to the Finals.

The Nets are in a similar situation. They got swept in the 1st round by the Celtics. They fired their HC after a slow start. They promoted Vaughn as HC. Everyone wrote them off and now they hit their stride and drastically improved going from 12th to 3rd now in the East. I think they have a legit case in the East to go to the Finals too.

It's hard not to get on board. They have a top 5 player and a solid supporting cast. They're certainly on a high right now, but I'd still pick Boston and Milwaukee over them in a playoff series at the moment. If Milwaukee can't get healthy, then that would change my pick though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I mean sure, but they now have Simmons and Irving in the line up consistently. If you tell me that will continue being the case? Of course, they will be right in it until the end. That's FAR from a guarantee though and what kills or has killed the Nets has been from inside their building. I still think they need one more big as they will have to deal with Giannis, Embiid and the size of the Celtics. If they can get Harris healthy and playing consistent minutes, then that will help as well. There's four teams in the East that can do serious damage and get to the finals and the Nets are one of those teams. 

• Like 1