2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron has been incredibly inefficient to start this season. Hopefully just a slow start.

I mean he is settling for more and more jump shots and that has been the trend for a few years now. His outside shot this season has been putrid and we all know the spacing is not good at all. Bron taking 8 three pointers a game while shooting 23% is hilarious. Get on the damn block from time to time instead of settling so much. Not only that, he loves slowing it down while they play better when they speed it up. Westbrook off the bench has been better even though he does share a lot of time with Bron/AD, but he gets to at least run the show for short periods.

They are a top level defensive team with the worst offense in the league on a team that features Bron and AD. Yeah, that's not ideal lol.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's break down this absurd statement from Kyrie Irving:

Lousy starting point and outright lie considering what was said previously

NOT to be confused with an apology. "I know what I said was bad and I admit that I said it."

"I'm going to be intentionally vague here on what I think is actually true and does back my morals and principles. I'm not going to be specific because then you'll all know how I truly feel, and after all, I need to pretend to show remorse here."

LOL

Again, not an apology. Please remember that I'm still endorsing a good portion of the above film/book.

Dude is a clown.

Whatever, I'll take a fake PR apology over him doubling down until some Black Israelite weirdo kills someone for wearing a yarmulke.

Still, he'll probably pull a reversal if/when people don't start kissing his *** for his "contrition."

Edited by redsoxsuck05

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Signs of Jabari being not good were there during Summer League. Massive warning signs. Never saw it at Auburn but hey maybe he changes it around 

it's 8 games in plus Silas not doing him any favors.  He needs to have a HC that can draw plays from him.  Not worried about his shooting.  He is too good of a shooter to not show improvement. 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's break down this absurd statement from Kyrie Irving:

Lousy starting point and outright lie considering what was said previously

NOT to be confused with an apology. "I know what I said was bad and I admit that I said it."

"I'm going to be intentionally vague here on what I think is actually true and does back my morals and principles. I'm not going to be specific because then you'll all know how I truly feel, and after all, I need to pretend to show remorse here."

LOL

Again, not an apology. Please remember that I'm still endorsing a good portion of the above film/book.

Dude is a clown.

The responses from the league and NBPA were jokes.

He is my least favorite athlete of all-time now, non-felon edition.

• Like 3

Also Jabari would benefit from having an actual true point guard to give him looks.  Yall are looking at the box scores.  I actually watch this team on a highly basis.  Kevin Porter Jr. isnt a PG you need to play along side both Green and Jabari.  He is best served coming off the bench as a 6th man. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

He is my least favorite athlete of all-time now, non-felon edition.

The selective appropriation of whether or not a guy is taken seriously/contrite in regards to what is said/posted and who is still allowed to continue is nothing short of a joke.

All hail the NBA, poster children of inclusivity and freedom...except for Jews and in China of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The selective appropriation of whether or not a guy is taken seriously/contrite in regards to what is said/posted and who is still allowed to continue is nothing short of a joke.

All hail the NBA, poster children of inclusivity and freedom...except for Jews and in China of course.

I still love that in the same press conference, Kyrie said he both has a voice and a platform that he can use for his army AND that the media is crazy for thinking he's influential.

• Like 2

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Also Jabari would benefit from having an actual true point guard to give him looks.  Yall are looking at the box scores.  I actually watch this team on a highly basis.  Kevin Porter Jr. isnt a PG you need to play along side both Green and Jabari.  He is best served coming off the bench as a 6th man. 

This is true, and one of the reasons I said Houston will suck this year. KPJ/Green/Smith are all score-first guys with limited playmaking for others. They desperately need a real creator out there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Jabari got a long way to go. I told y'all this kid is closer to Marvin Williams than some superstar ceiling type player. Some kids have it and some don't. 

Now Cade Cunningham on the other hand? Yeah I'm pretty sure (almost) everyone knew he was a sure fire star that was built for the league. This is why I repeatedly tell people that college stats mean jack ****. It's a totally different game. 

god i wish cade could get back to being a 40% shooter from deep

• Like 1

Is it weird that after last night I feel even better about the chances the Lakers land us a top pick? They're so bad. The Pelicans played like absolute dog crap last night and handed the game away late with missed FTs. That Lakers team is atrocious offensively. 

16 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Is it weird that after last night I feel even better about the chances the Lakers land us a top pick? They're so bad. The Pelicans played like absolute dog crap last night and handed the game away late with missed FTs. That Lakers team is atrocious offensively. 

Lakers pretty much choked down the stretch.  I'm not sure I'd be pulling any moral victories out of last night.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Well at least Adam Silver finally called Kyrie out.

"Kyrie Irving made a reckless decision to post a link to a film containing deeply offensive antisemitic material. While we appreciate the fact that he agreed to work with the Brooklyn Nets and the Anti-Defamation League to combat antisemitism and other forms of discrimination, I am disappointed that he has not offered an unqualified apology and more specifically denounced the vile and harmful content contained in the film he chose to publicize. I will be meeting with Kyrie in person in the next week to discuss this situation."