Jets WR Elijah Moore requests trade

RaidersAreOne

If JD is holding out for a decent pick for Mims, then I doubt he blinks with Elijah Moore. 

Pure speculation, but it seems awfully odd timing that right after Moore tweets about not getting enough targets (by essentially saying “I’m not going to complain buuut…”), the team excuses him, followed by a trade request off the back of a short win streak. Have to figure either the team was sending him a bit of a message and he took it a bad way, or he was trying to send the team a message by being out from practice only for it to not go the way he wanted. Strange.

He’d be a good get for about any team, but knowing JD, it’d probably take more capital than the Jets used to draft him. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

Honestly, one of the most selfish things I have seen. A 2nd year player, who in all reality hasn't even proven himself yet. Crying to the media and to be traded simply because he does not like how he is being used.  He was happier when the team was getting blown out and he was getting some garbage time scores, then winning games. This is immaturity and clownish behavior. Especially when he's made comments before how winning is the most important thing, obviously it isn't to him. 

I mean, I think he should be used more in the slot, but some reason the coaching staff doesn't see that. Probably blocking related.  I don't see the Jets trading him just because he said so, they didn't trade Mims. Unless a team gives Douglas a great offer, I think that they value his talent and will try to figure this out.  But he is not going to be a favorite with Jets fans now, especially after all the losing this team has done and we are finally getting positive vibes and he ruins it with this behavior. 6 games into the season and hes crying cause he didn't get a pass. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Honestly, one of the most selfish things I have seen. A 2nd year player, who in all reality hasn't even proven himself yet. Crying to the media and to be traded simply because he does not like how he is being used.  He was happier when the team was getting blown out and he was getting some garbage time scores, then winning games. This is immaturity and clownish behavior. Especially when he's made comments before how winning is the most important thing, obviously it isn't to him. 

I mean, I think he should be used more in the slot, but some reason the coaching staff doesn't see that. Probably blocking related.  I don't see the Jets trading him just because he said so, they didn't trade Mims. Unless a team gives Douglas a great offer, I think that they value his talent and will try to figure this out.  But he is not going to be a favorite with Jets fans now, especially after all the losing this team has done and we are finally getting positive vibes and he ruins it with this behavior. 6 games into the season and hes crying cause he didn't get a pass. 

BUT MY CATCHES BRUH. FUX YA'LL I NEEDS MY CATCHES. 

Yeah though, I'm not surprised in this era a 2nd year WR is becoming a malcontent because he isn't getting the ball enough then request a trade. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

If I’m JD I’d send him to Chicago for whatever they’ll give me, probably Day 2 pick. Enjoy the cold in a crappy offense. That, or make him inactive.

They might inactive him and activate Mims. Depends on his attitude, apparently this started with an outburst in practice. Saleh sent him home to regather himself. 

The Jets already told his agent they will not honor this trade request, they want to try to make it work, so we will see, but he made himself a disliked player with fans. 

He didn't like how he was being used to start the season, then he had hopes when Wilson returned that he was going to be used more. But then we started running the ball more and he doesn't like that, even if that is winning games.  Feel like he was upset that Garrett Wilson and Corey Davis were getting more plays to start the season, now we are running the ball more and not passing as much and he got really mad. Selfish diva attitude. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

They might inactive him and activate Mims. Depends on his attitude, apparently this started with an outburst in practice. Saleh sent him home to regather himself. 

The Jets already told his agent they will not honor this trade request, they want to try to make it work, so we will see, but he made himself a disliked player with fans. 

He didn't like how he was being used to start the season, then he had hopes when Wilson returned that he was going to be used more. But then we started running the ball more and he doesn't like that, even if that is winning games.  Feel like he was upset that Garrett Wilson and Corey Davis were getting more plays to start the season, now we are running the ball more and not passing as much and he got really mad. Selfish diva attitude. 

Activate Mims. He’ll be a quieter guy to have no catches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

We could survive, we have a lot of weapons on offense. This isn't Jets teams of the past decade, this team has a lot of good players. Joe Douglas is a very good GM. 

Now you just need a QB to get all of these supposed weapons the ball. 

48 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I think we may start to see more of this behavior in young players as a result of the mindset influenced by the transfer portal in college football. 

This is very observant - guys are flocking to transfer because they’re not getting looks/touches/snaps. When you create that scenario early on, that becomes the expectation going forward.

• Like 2