49ers trade for Christian McCaffery

GW21

Niners will be fine long-term. We have a lot of success with our mid to late rounders, UDFA's & bargain bin FA's

McCaffrey gives us a true homerun receiving & running threat. It hopefully will take our offense to the next level. Hope he plays this Sunday

Panthers did very well themselves. They're set up nicely for a quick rebuild, HC & QB pending 

2 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

You guys are giving up 4 picks for someone who hasn’t been healthy in 3 years. Bad move for Sf 

It's a risk worth taking. None of the picks are premium. It's not like they traded multiple firsts for him. If he stays healthy, then the 49ers' offense could be the most complete in the league. 

• Like 4

Just now, struby3 said:

It's a risk worth taking. None of the picks are premium. It's not like they traded multiple firsts for him. If he stays healthy, then the 49ers' offense could be the most complete in the league. 

Will see , he’s a good player when healthy . Just personally thought it would have been a third for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, struby3 said:

The most complete in the league might be a a little much, we still can't work the ball down the field (this year), but he certainly helps a lot.  I think it is awesome we got a player that excels in the middle of the field, and shallow, where Jimmy G lives.  This is a huge bonus, and now Mitchell can get fully healthy!

2 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Will see , he’s a good player when healthy . Just personally thought it would have been a third for him. 

When it's a bidding war for the missing piece, you push in the chips 

LETS

FING GOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

Very stoked as long as he stays healthy. Can’t wait for Mitchell to get back and have a potential dynamic duo with him and McCaffrey…..or dare I say it, a 3-headed monster if you include Wilson

this team needs to get healthy and Shanny better take the bye week to add in some more dynamic plays for McCaffrey

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Just look at how it energized us, the fans.  This morning we are talking about how much it is going to suck to lose to the Chiefs, now we are all stoked to get a new toy!

We've been moving the ball well all season but keep stalling out for one reason or another

Adding a homerun back will hopefully put us over the edge

Midseason acquisitions can certainly help a lot.....I wasn't too happy with the picks we gave up for Emmanuel Sanders back in 2019, but he energised our team and helped lead us to the SB. We were still able to build out our roster too. And then of course, look at the Rams with Von Miller/OBJ last season

• Like 1

Ah. Love the player. Love the fit. We do so much running back and wide receiver interchanges that just work so much worse with lesser backs. Wide zone is our schematic bread and butter and our wide zone guy is out. He’ll give us another guy that can make explosives happen out of nothing, which we’ll need because we’re less capable than other playoff teams from getting those in the traditional manner. I despise the compensation given up. Loathe it. Am baffled by it. But there you go. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 4

STOKED

Dont love the compensation but STOKED hes on our team. 

Deebo and CMC on the field at the same time. Holy smokes. 

I am not overly concerned with the injury risk. His injuries have not been significant. Its been soft tissue stuff and he has let it heal properly. Its mainly an issue when you do not let it heal because the re-injury risk is real.

I have been asking for us to go "all in" since after the 2019 SB. Glad to see Kyle be aggressive. Hopefully that carries into his 4th down decisions 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1