Thanksgiving, Week 12: VIKINGS (8-2) at Lions (6-4)

swede700

Outside of one play before half, which never should have been a catch, Waynes did just fine. If the officials would have called that play correctly, Detroit’s receivers, outside of Jones (who was being shadowed by Rhodes), would have had only 5 catches on 12 targets for 27 yards and 0 touchdowns. Even with the 41 yard completion before halftime, the other receivers only had 6 catches on 12 targets for 68 yards and 0 touchdowns. Can’t ask for much more than that.

He was excellent in run support, as well. 

8 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Love me some Zimmer. 

Zimmer, on yesterday's officiating: “We almost lost our composure a couple time. We study each crew going into the game. I told them it could be like this today. They’ve got to play clean, smart football and [long, awkward pause] . . . I shouldn’t say anything else.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/23/mike-zimmer-bites-tongue-on-officiating-gaffes/

Terrible officiating, back 7 struggling, outside of one drive we had no running game, and we still come out with the W.

This team guys, it is fun to watch.

Love Case for what he is doing... franchise guy? I still question that, but he is playing with some big balls, moxy, and is making things work.

Anyone notice that Treadwell was in on the Thanksgiving Dinner celebration and was the 2nd person in the end zone to congratulate Rudolph after his 2nd TD just before halftime? He was on the sideline for both plays. Is it even legal to be in on the endzone celebrations when you were not in on the play?

That was an "interesting" game to watch.  How many penalties were called in that game?  17?  

I'll say this, the D-line and LBs played excellent football.  The DBs had some serious battles out there --- in the end, they performed better than I expected.  

The reason the Vikes won the game?  No turnovers, while getting 2.  Everything else between both teams was even and sloppy.

Didn't catch much of the game, mainly the last few minutes as we were eating turkey during most of it. Seemed like it was a closer game than it should have been, that said, the blocked field goal, the fans were going so crazy, but I feel like a few more of them should have noticed the flag on the field, it was really obvious on TV what had happened, and in person I've been able to spot off sides before, especially ones that bad, I guess they were just hoping.

Archived