Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

26 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah and he no contingency plan to replace Adams and wasted two years with Jimmy Graham on this offense when Tonyan was already set to go.  Wolf, Sherman and Thompson were always ready to replace the Sterling Sharpes, the Robert Brooks, the Antonio Freemans, the Javon Walkers, the Donald Drivers and Greg Jennings's.  Gute has drawn up blanks replacing any receivers here and has the lousiest offense building strategy since Lindy Infante.

Man, I'm laughing at my desk.  Not at you.  Just laughing reading those names.

Cuz I remember that well. And it was Favre who made replacing those guys look easy.  At least most of them.  And when it wasn't #4, it was Prime #12.  And he really didn't care who he was throwing too way back when.  Man have things changed.

I view Tonyan this way.  It took him what, 3 years to become playable?  He was no where near ready when Graham was here.

I will say this...I do feel like the WR room was neglected for too long.

Honestly I've tried to avoid this thread because just the concept alone speaks of a degree of entitlement that I find almost physically uncomfortable to interact with at this point.  I didn't read the first page, so maybe this thread started as an ironic parody; I like that head canon because it makes me less sad.  Not much less, but a little.

The concept of even starting a topic about firing Matt LaFleur is just bonkers out there.  Like, among the most ridiculous takes I've seen related to sports in some time.  Fire the head coach with the best start by record in NFL history the first year he doesn't have 13 wins?  Like, you swished that idea around in your head, considered it, and it made enough sense that you put it down on paper (so to speak)?  I honestly can't imagine having to work with, or every god in every heaven forbid, under some of you.  "Sure Tim, you were the best salesman in company history your first three years, but this year your sales are slightly below the team average so, as I'm sure you expected, we'll be burning you at the stake with a slow, uneven flame.  Yes, it'll take hours of mind flaying agony before what's left of you finally succumbs, even madness having forsaken you in your death throes, but to be fair, you did have kind of a slow start to this quarter."

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah and he no contingency plan to replace Adams and wasted two years with Jimmy Graham on this offense when Tonyan was already set to go.  Wolf, Sherman and Thompson were always ready to replace the Sterling Sharpes, the Robert Brooks, the Antonio Freemans, the Javon Walkers, the Donald Drivers and Greg Jennings's.  Gute has drawn up blanks replacing any receivers here and has the lousiest offense building strategy since Lindy Infante.

You must have missed 05 when Favre was tossing it to Taco Wallace. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

RB: I'm on the phone to see if anybody might want Aaron Jones for a draft pick. It's 11 million to trade him, and we can't carry him on the roster with a 20 million dollar cap hit next year. Dillon has to step up and be the guy. 

i was always opposed to that deal. hope kylin hill is coming along.

i'm only interested in a draft pick if it helps us get a player from another team this year

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

NT: I'd be looking to bring down Clark's snap counts and let the younger bigs eat. Let's save those knees. Slaton should be playing a ton of reps. 

yes i wanted to carry ford or slayton this year for this reason

So, I'm a bit too young to have full knowledge of Wolf's plan, but I'd wager that Robert Brooks was never intended to replace Sterling Sharpe...especially since Sharpe was, arguably, a HoF caliber talent. Freeman was drafted the year after Sharpe's injury which makes his drafting seem reactionary (who knows if they pull the trigger if Sharpe could have continued). There was a motley crew that followed Brooks departure. After Freeman, they had Driver and Glenn (lol), Walker and Driver (but those years were really the Ahman Green show), and then Ted Thompson's wild ride of second rounders. As @vegas492 mentioned, these groups were greatly aided by Favre and young Rodgers willingness to just let it rip to whoever.

Of the three, Wolf and Thompson had the best "contingencies". But I don't know if it was approached from an angle of "oh, we need to replace these players". It seemed more like it was a scenario f "We need to build a WR/TE group because the cupboard is bare" and/or "This is how this offense is going to operate".

I'd argue Sherman had no plan since, after Walker, he got nothing from Glenn, and then tried to make Robert Ferguson and Antonio Chatman happen. But with Ahman Green and that OL, it didn't really matter.

Folks are also only focused on the offensive skill positions and not other weaknesses that may have existed on those rosters. All teams will have holes. It's just a matter of how you cover them up.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Honestly I've tried to avoid this thread because just the concept alone speaks of a degree of entitlement that I find almost physically uncomfortable to interact with at this point.  I didn't read the first page, so maybe this thread started as an ironic parody; I like that head canon because it makes me less sad.  Not much less, but a little.

The concept of even starting a topic about firing Matt LaFleur is just bonkers out there.  Like, among the most ridiculous takes I've seen related to sports in some time.  Fire the head coach with the best start by record in NFL history the first year he doesn't have 13 wins?  Like, you swished that idea around in your head, considered it, and it made enough sense that you put it down on paper (so to speak)?  I honestly can't imagine having to work with, or every god in every heaven forbid, under some of you.  "Sure Tim, you were the best salesman in company history your first three years, but this year your sales are slightly below the team average so, as I'm sure you expected, we'll be burning you at the stake with a slow, uneven flame.  Yes, it'll take hours of mind flaying agony before what's left of you finally succumbs, even madness having forsaken you in your death throes, but to be fair, you did have kind of a slow start to this quarter."

It's called fire the head coach because he's disgraced us 3x vs SF, and 2x vs TB.  His game plans have been vanilla throughout his tenure and now even more opposing defensive coordinators have studied those game films and have his number and easy.  Barely managing 2 offensive TDs a game is Forest Gregg/Lindy Infante level incompetence and cannot be tolerated here.  Ridiculous to give him and Gute a pass, and I won't do it unless this offense gets cranking in a major way and stops accumulating negative yardage for 2 quarters every game.

Offense is on pace to break all time records for the most 3 and outs in a season.  BAD!!

Edited by LLcheesehead12

57 minutes ago, Striker said:

So, I'm a bit too young to have full knowledge of Wolf's plan, but I'd wager that Robert Brooks was never intended to replace Sterling Sharpe...especially since Sharpe was, arguably, a HoF caliber talent. Freeman was drafted the year after Sharpe's injury which makes his drafting seem reactionary (who knows if they pull the trigger if Sharpe could have continued). There was a motley crew that followed Brooks departure. After Freeman, they had Driver and Glenn (lol), Walker and Driver (but those years were really the Ahman Green show), and then Ted Thompson's wild ride of second rounders. As @vegas492 mentioned, these groups were greatly aided by Favre and young Rodgers willingness to just let it rip to whoever.

Of the three, Wolf and Thompson had the best "contingencies". But I don't know if it was approached from an angle of "oh, we need to replace these players". It seemed more like it was a scenario f "We need to build a WR/TE group because the cupboard is bare" and/or "This is how this offense is going to operate".

I'd argue Sherman had no plan since, after Walker, he got nothing from Glenn, and then tried to make Robert Ferguson and Antonio Chatman happen. But with Ahman Green and that OL, it didn't really matter.

Folks are also only focused on the offensive skill positions and not other weaknesses that may have existed on those rosters. All teams will have holes. It's just a matter of how you cover them up.

The dude said Tonyan was ready to go when we had Graham lol he absolutely was not. 

It's all revisionist crap. 

Graham sucked as a signing, that's fine. GTFO with big Bob ****

This year is the worst the receiving end has been but now they're pretending it was always like this...

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

The dude said Tonyan was ready to go when we had Graham lol he absolutely was not. 

It's all revisionist crap. 

Graham sucked as a signing, that's fine. GTFO with big Bob ****

This year is the worst the receiving end has been but now they're pretending it was always like this...

Graham instead of Jordy still ******* hurts! 

• Like 3

It's called fire the head coach because he's disgraced us 3x vs SF, and 2x vs TB.  His game plans have been vanilla throughout his tenure and now even more opposing defensive coordinators have studied those game films and have his number and easy.  Barely managing 2 offensive TDs a game is Forest Gregg/Lindy Infante level incompetence and cannot be tolerated here.  Ridiculous to give him and Gute a pass, and I won't do it unless this offense gets cranking in a major way and stops accumulating negative yardage for 2 quarters every game.

Offense is on pace to break all time records for the most 3 and outs in a season.  BAD!!

That is a 'you' problem. 

• Like 1