Ravens Trade for Bears ILB Roquan Smith

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

f we're not willing to give up a 1st round pick of course we're only going to get a mid-range guy. Brandin Cooks would've only cost a 2nd round pick, apparently:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/source-houston-texans-trade-brandin-cooks-dallas-cowboys-rumor-deadline-tracker

I'd rather have him than Roquan.

You'd rather have Cooks than Roquam for the same comp? Hard disagree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Did you look up targets?

Robinson is on pace for 50 targets. He averaged around 45-50 in KC.

Watkins has 12 targets this year (on pace for about 48) through 4 games, he had 49 last year with us in 13 games.

So overall not a huge difference?

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You'd rather have Cooks than Roquam for the same comp? Hard disagree.

Yeah a WR1 filling a clear need on our biggest weakness or an ILB. For me that's easy, even with his contract.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Robinson is on pace for 50 targets. He averaged around 45-50 in KC.

Watkins has 12 targets this year (on pace for about 48) through 4 games, he had 49 last year with us in 13 games.

So overall not a huge difference?

Yeah a WR1 filling a clear need on our biggest weakness or an ILB. For me that's easy, even with his contract.

Brandin Cooks would have 3 catches for 42 yards a game in this offense. Lets be honest.

Your argument about ILB not moving the needle is weird when you’re arguing for a WR: this offense/Lamar clearly don’t throw to WRs enough to make a big impact, either.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Brandin Cooks would have 3 catches for 42 yards a game in this offense. Lets be honest.

This is where I point to Marquise Brown's production last year when he was actually healthy. Led the league in targets IIRC and his production significantly dipped once Huntley took over, too.

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Your argument about ILB not moving the needle is weird when you’re arguing for a WR: this offense/Lamar clearly don’t throw to WRs enough to make a big impact, either.

See above comment + I believe if we traded for a WR1 we could more easily get rid of Roman and get a true modern 11 personnel offense up in here.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is where I point to Marquise Brown's production last year when he was actually healthy. Led the league in targets IIRC and his production significantly dipped once Huntley took over, too.

See above comment + I believe if we traded for a WR1 we could more easily get rid of Roman and get a true modern 11 personnel offense up in here.

0% shot Roman gets fired midseason lol. You can’t just change the entire scheme of an offense during the season. All a coordinator change does during the season is get a different person calling plays within that scheme. Look at the position coaches...who would take over and call plays within this scheme more effectively than Roman is doing right now?

How does anyone like this for the bears.  They have by far the most cap space in the league next year.  You dont build a team by not paying your guys and spending 130 mill on overpriced free agents that werent critical enough to be kept by their team.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

What position do you picture the Ravens historically investing in, if not LB?

I know, but I mean in terms of current league positional value. They're usually pretty smart about where they allocate money and resources, and IMO, this trade was not that.

Someone on twitter also pointed out that they can't use the tag as leverage for Roquan after the season because that's reserved for Lamar. So it's either he gets what he wants, or he's going to leave and the Ravens would've paid a 2nd and 5th for basically a rental.