Roquan Traded to Ravens

Chronickerr

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oooof, was just working on my mock and assumed we would tag him and work it out in the offseason

Not going to make a snap judgement on the move here, just seems like maybe the relationship was too fractured moving forward

I think you are correct in this. He was affected by the trade last week. The relationship was too far gone.

He was too hot/cold as a 4-3 will to be worth anywhere near the amount of money he wanted, and frankly his lack of an agent already made him a pain in the butt to deal with. So long, and thanks for the picks. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Should’ve traded him to a bottom dweller though. That 2nd is gonna be late enough to sniff the 3rd round 

Exactly what I was thinking. Better than the comp pick if he walks in 2024 though so I'm completely fine with it. 

Suxks but now they get to deal with him in the offseason. As far as on the field I'm going to miss him. 

20 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Should’ve traded him to a bottom dweller though. That 2nd is gonna be late enough to sniff the 3rd round 

no one as low as you would like would have any interest in making that deal though. Id honestly wouldnt be shocked if the Ravens were the only serious suitors for him at this point.

And if it didnt seem likely we could keep him around (if the Franchise Tag was going to be a fight the whole way) then you likely werent getting this much in return, when the team getting him has to pay him as well. Its probably only this much, because the Ravens get to use him for this playoff run.

Roquan is a great player, and all things being equal Id rather we had him than not. But he is just too emotional of a person to handle the professional side of Football, and that doesnt mix well for alot of people.

• Like 1

If they were never gonna meet his demands financially (which seems the case) this was probably the high value time to move him. BAL is making a run for a title this year. Come March they’d have more options to upgrade there. A 2 and a 5 (even if closer to the end of the round) is a pretty strong return IMO. Plus, the likelihood we’d qualify for comp picks the next two offseasons with the amount of roster turnover we’re about to have (plus the lack in obvious value of the guys we’re about to lose) seems pretty remote anyway.

Now comes the six month wait to see what Poles will do with the newly acquired draft capital.

Credit where due to Poles - this isn’t an easy trade to make. Smith was a leader on the team and is a really good player. There’s a clear vision there. Hopefully it ends up being a good one. 

• Like 1

Ro played great last week against the Patriots. He also had only 5 tackles and 0 impact plays against the Cowboys team as we got gashed all day - wasn't he one of the guys to miss in the backfield on Pollard's 3rd tuddy?

a 2nd, 5th, and replacement for an off-ball lb who is a FA next year and looking to make $18M/year on his next contract is a respectable return. I like roquan, and almost got his jersey next year, but i'd rather take the money we would have given him next year and divert it to a FA like Payne. Also this is better than any potential comp pick we would have gotten (had we signed 0 FA, which would not have happened)

only other guy i could see possibly being moved is Monty, but i'm not sure anyone bites at that, unless its something like Monty + 7th for a 6th. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

no one as low as you would like would have any interest in making that deal though. Id honestly wouldnt be shocked if the Ravens were the only serious suitors for him at this point.

And if it didnt seem likely we could keep him around (if the Franchise Tag was going to be a fight the whole way) then you likely werent getting this much in return, when the team getting him has to pay him as well. Its probably only this much, because the Ravens get to use him for this playoff run.

Roquan is a great player, and all things being equal Id rather we had him than not. But he is just too emotional of a person to handle the professional side of Football, and that doesnt mix well for alot of people.

We’ll always have the Abella Danger boat photos…