Roquan Traded to Ravens

Chronickerr

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

“On pace” means nothing in the NFL…not only that but the scheme is designed to free him up to make plays so that is the least we should expect from that spot…he never looked like Lance Briggs or Shaq Leonard and for what he was wanting he would have had too…

He is literally outplaying Leonard right now in the same scheme. He's made as many splash plays as any LB in football.

47 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He is literally outplaying Leonard right now in the same scheme. He's made as many splash plays as any LB in football.

Leonard has been hurt all season and Indy do not play the same scheme under Bradley as they did under Flus.

On the field he had been great imo. Urlacher, Kuechely, Ray Lewis, switch them with Smith in their prime and we still get a 40 burger put on us.  The off- field issues were the problem. He had commitment issues at every chance since high school and that wasn't going to change. The slander and illegal tampering from his camp was the last offense Poles was going to deal with.  

Wish him well,  wish the Bears even better.  

Like Tyty said,  I'd rather he go to a dumpster team for the earlier pick but if Poles knew he could get that then I'm sure he would have.  

• Like 3

Roquan was a solid player but we're in a rebuild and he wasn't in the future plans.  That being said, we now have 9 draft picks next year as of now.  I don't remember the last time we had that many.  I know we ended up with 11 this past year but we initially started with 6

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This guy normally gets more right than wrong…lots of team been interested in Kamara & Hunt…price has seemed too high for those teams…could Monty be an easier get?

I could see them wanting to try and see if Herbert can be the bell cow back or not. We have half a season so that should be plenty with how often we're running, plus it gives Ebner a chance to be tested. Trial by fire is must in a tank year imo. 

It really sucks that they couldn’t make this work out.  Roquan had a chance to be yet another franchise cornerstone at LB like so many others before him.

I understand the trade and I agree with it - i think the writings been on the wall for a while now.  I just think that it sucks overall that it got to this point.

That being said, now that Roquan is gone, I’m pretty much set with trading anyone not named Fields.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

It really sucks that they couldn’t make this work out.  Roquan had a chance to be yet another franchise cornerstone at LB like so many others before him.

I understand the trade and I agree with it - i think the writings been on the wall for a while now.  I just think that it sucks overall that it got to this point.

That being said, now that Roquan is gone, I’m pretty much set with trading anyone not named Fields.  

Roquan is a really good player and it sucks to lose guys like that but IMO he played this whole situation wrong from the start. The guy definitely still has room to mature and grow up a bit

Like you said the writing was on the wall after he mishandled the contract negotiations through representing himself and then demanding a trade while using a guy by the name of Saint Omni to solicit other teams and essentially violate league tampering rules. That must not have sit well with the staff. Heck it didn't sit well with me

Anyway the team was absolutely right to get something for him now then to let him walk for nothing and probably no comp pick considering we should be big spenders next offseason

I think the return is more than fine as long as they do something positive with it ..but ya that goes without saying 

Wish Ro the best in Baltimore and glad we don't have to play against him next season provided he re-ups with them in the offseason 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I will also say is this move makes us bad enough to land Jalen Carter than it will be worth even more than the 2nd round pick.

Carter looks to be a DUDE, but if we’re picking that high and don’t take an offensive player people will be storming the gate unless we make some massive moves on offense pre-draft. 

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Can we potentially turn that 2nd round pick into a WR before tomorrow? Imagine getting Mike Evans…would be a statement move…if not the more ammo we can get to build this team in the right way the better.

This is where I’m looking, whether it’s now or this offseason. Pending 2024 FA WR (besides Mooney):

-Marquise Brown

-Calvin Ridley

-Michael Pittman

-Mike Evans

-Gabriel Davis

-Tee Higgins

Regarding the top 4, all of AZ, TB and IND could be undergoing regime changes (TB more a post-Brady transition), and Ridley is a complete wild card. Can we get any of them in trade with the draft capital we’ve gained over the past week? All would be MASSIVE upgrades, and all but Evans (30 next year) are young enough to be sure fire long term pieces. Lock in one of these guys and Mooney and draft a third guy probably post-round 1… chef’s kiss. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Carter looks to be a DUDE, but if we’re picking that high and don’t take an offensive player people will be storming the gate unless we make some massive moves on offense pre-draft. 

The thing is I don’t think there is an offensive player worth that high a pick in this draft (I include the two QBs in that)…

I think as long as we have spent some money prior to the draft in protecting and helping Fields people would be open to just adding an elite prospect…Carter along with Will Anderson really is that.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The thing is I don’t think there is an offensive player worth that high a pick in this draft (I include the two QBs in that)…

I think as long as we have spent some money prior to the draft in protecting and helping Fields people would be open to just adding an elite prospect…Carter along with Will Anderson really is that.

I'd love an offensive player too and I've made that perhaps too clear, but you're right. Who do they take that high? At this point it would seem to be a reach. Only option is to trade down a little and pick up another 2nd or 3rd in the process

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ill keep saying this over and over and over and over; I dont care what the lowest common denominator fan thinks, Poles and Flus need to build this team in their vision. We are on this ride, and its either going to work or it wont. But diverting the plan at any point, but especially the 2nd draft into it would be a disaster.

If we are picking 6/7 and theres a cant miss/Stud WR available, great we should take him. That doesnt seem likely, so if its a DT (a very important part of this defense) or a CB or a replacement LB, they need to do what is best for the plan they have laid out. They have shown us the tea leaves of what that plan is, most of us here have picked up on that.

This isnt Draft Day, no one is actually showing up anywhere with posters and effigies. They arent reading these message boards. They have a plan, they have been sticking pretty close to it, while also learning and evolving, but the WORST possible thing they could do would be to panic and reach for need (real or perceived) with a premium pick

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ill keep saying this over and over and over and over; I dont care what the lowest common denominator fan thinks, Poles and Flus need to build this team in their vision. We are on this ride, and its either going to work or it wont. But diverting the plan at any point, but especially the 2nd draft into it would be a disaster.

If we are picking 6/7 and theres a cant miss/Stud WR available, great we should take him. That doesnt seem likely, so if its a DT (a very important part of this defense) or a CB or a replacement LB, they need to do what is best for the plan they have laid out. They have shown us the tea leaves of what that plan is, most of us here have picked up on that.

This isnt Draft Day, no one is actually showing up anywhere with posters and effigies. They arent reading these message boards. They have a plan, they have been sticking pretty close to it, while also learning and evolving, but the WORST possible thing they could do would be to panic and reach for need (real or perceived) with a premium pick

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. Just laying the groundwork for the chaos around here should it play out that way lol. Honestly I’ll be pretty shocked if we go into draft day without a MUCH clearer picture at WR and along the OL than we did this year. We have the need, enough draft capital to be players in the trade market and more financial resources than anyone else in FA. 

• Like 1