Bradley Chubb traded to Dolphins

Broncofan

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Love getting a 1st but why did we get Chase Edmonds? 

Dolphins would have been 2M over the cap without sending someone back.   He actually helps a ton as a pass catcher 3rd down guy.   Not a main guy but actual asset.   And his 2023 salary is not guaranteed so we can walk away if we don’t like 5.9M+ value.    

This is an A+ deal given our roster build.    If you told me we could get a 1st for Chubb at the start of the year I’d have said ppl are nuts.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Tremendous return. He wasn't going to be re-signed. The writing has been on the wall with the recent draft picks and signings. He's not been overly efficient compared to some of the other guys in terms of win rate. 

This, to me, is a no brainer. Denver can reinvest that R1 pick into an OL or DL (hopefully) or potentially a LB. Lot of options for us now. Edmonds is the cherry on top, IMO. He's got potential and is a great 3rd down option

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I’d have rather had another Dolphins player than Edmonds tbh. We’ve already got MG3, Murray and Mack. We don’t need a 4th journeyman RB. 

They got any decent OL or corners? 

I don't think Edmonds is a world beater, but he's indisputably a better RB than Marlon Mack, and MG3 isn't exactly in good graces in Denver. Murray definitely appears to be the best of the bunch at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Edmonds looks like a pure salary dump. Not too worried about that part of it if he even plays much. He’s averaging 2.9 a carry.

That’s exactly what he is, that and it gave them the freedom to get Jeff Wilson and possibly save my fantasy team

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Wouldn’t get too married to that 1st rounder. Seems like prime trade-down material to stockpile more 2nd’s and 3rd’s. But that’s a helluva return.

Not to mention, those late 1sts are VERY valuable to teams, given the 5th year option. 

I made my thoughts clear on Chubb. A good player, maybe very good in some people's eyes - he is going to get paid like an excellent/elite player and this team cannot afford to pay him that. Not when we already have one pass rusher who's been paid and talent waiting in the wings.

Always liked his character. Just got on with his work and said very little. Good luck to him.

• Like 2