TNF: The quest for 19-0 continues as the Philadelphia Eagles face Hapless Houston

Malfatron

Just now, mse326 said:

Both of them seemed to me that he wasn't on the same page. On both the receiver settled into the open zone but he threw like they would keep moving

Throws aren't bad, just didn't end up with good timing, that's not accuracy (bad platform, loose feet) that's just the guys not being in sync.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:
3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is it legal to carry a player like that?

No, but the NFL never ever calls it.  But that was blatant.

It's not? I always assumed it was legal since it happens like multiple times a week and doesn't get called. I was wondering why more OL didn't do it.

Just now, Jeezla said:

It's not? I always assumed it was legal since it happens like multiple times a week and doesn't get called. I was wondering why more OL didn't do it.

Nah, you can't.  I really don't know why the NFL has never called it even though it is by definition a penalty. But usually lineman do it on sneaks and stuff where they push them. However that was even more blatant than usual because the lineman was pulling his helmet/jersey.  It 100% should have been flagged but LIS I don't even expect for them to call it so its whatever, fair game unless they randomly call the Texans for it later

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I didn’t think so. Especially the way the Texans defenders reacted. 

also have to see when his knee was down, they may have blown the play before that assist came out.  He was down before the main assist.

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Nah, you can't.  I really don't know why the NFL has never called it even though it is by definition a penalty. But usually lineman do it on sneaks and stuff where they push them. However that was even more blatant than usual because the lineman was pulling his helmet/jersey.  It 100% should have been flagged but LIS I don't even expect for them to call it so its whatever, fair game unless they randomly call the Texans for it later

Can an OL grab an RB that's about to fall down, and prop him back up? The OL doesn't push or pull him for extra yards, he just lifts the RB up so he can get his feet back under him?

Edited by Jeezla