Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

11 hours ago, Green19 said:

I think I prefer Myers… he is younger and an all around TE. I see Myers as the next Jason Witten Tony Gonzalez type. Kincaid seems like he has the chance to be a Kelce type, but that seems like a slim chance.

I think Myers fits better with the offense too.

Don't see Kelce nearly as much as I see Ertz/Witten with Kincaid. You want a security blanket for your QB, Grab Kincaid. I don't see superstar myself.

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

"A tight end with a high floor" is kind of a dubious proposition for a first round draft pick.  I know the goal is to draft good players, but i'm sure there are good players at other positions available.  The TE you get in round 3 will probably be pretty good too!

I agree with this. In order to take a TE in the first he's gonna need a high floor AND a high ceiling for me.

The thing about "3rd round TE" this year is that I'm not actually convinced Tyler Kraft or Sam LaPorta won't be the best TE from this class.  Let's not forget how the NFL and the draft-industrial complex consistently gets "the order of TEs" in the draft pretty wrong (Mark Andrews was the 4th TE in 2018, Dalton Schultz was the 10th TE taken in 2018 George Kittle was the 9th TE taken in 2017, Travis Kelce was the 5th TE in 2013, etc.)

Meanwhile the "first round TE" group includes Hockenson, Fant, Hurst, Engram, Howard, and Ebron all of whom did not receive a second contract from the team that drafted them.  The idea of these guys is consistently better than the reality.

No **** good players can be found in all rounds. Gute has proven to be awful at drafting them in the 3rd. If he gets his pick of the litter I'd expect much better results, unless it's a center. 

Kincaid would improve our TE position similar to what Watson did when he got on the field. From nothing to potential pro bowler. 70 catches last year, 50 for first downs. Dropped 3 balls in two years with a mediocre QB.

Bringing up players drafted by a competent GM in TT is irrelevant. 

Edited by PackFan13

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Go one day without mentioning Gute challenge

Imagine being so soft that you get offended by the GMs name being mentioned in a thread about the NFL draft. I love seeing some of you in other threads called out for your awful takes by fans of other teams. I know this is your safe space but holy ****.