Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

We need a good TE in the first few rounds to give Love a shot unless we are able to sign a proven vet like Hurst.

I wouldn’t be mad about a solid safety blanket vet and one of the prospects to develop from this class of TE.  Any rookie will have plenty of growing pains at that position. If we can get a good one that fits this system, we could really use some help there.  

17 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I wouldn’t be mad about a solid safety blanket vet and one of the prospects to develop from this class of TE.  Any rookie will have plenty of growing pains at that position. If we can get a good one that fits this system, we could really use some help there.  

I agree and normally don't want a TE in the first but I'm a u of u alum and would LOVE to have Kincaid. He's older and could have an impact day one.

Edited by PackFan13

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

TBH, I am not thrilled with this draft class, as I am looking at it. Aside from Keion White, KVN, and JSN, I don't see a lot of need meeting value.  And even with JSN, I don't know if he is a first half of the first round guy.  

We're gonna trade back

• Like 2

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't be super opposed to that.  There are plenty of players that I like.  But I feel like they are all overdrafted where we sit.  

Eh, if JSN didn't have the hammy, he's the first WR off the board even with testing. He's just that good. I'd be fine with him at 15. The rest? It is what it is. Unless someone falls, you're drafting guys based on your own parameters anyways. Hard to say what "overdrafted" is after the top 10.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't be super opposed to that.  There are plenty of players that I like.  But I feel like they are all overdrafted where we sit.  

Wilson #10 Olave #11 J Williams #12 J Dotson #16    all smaller receivers like JSN that went in our same range.   Everyone but Williams had an impact and look like great picks - Williams spent almost all season recovering from his ACL so gets a mulligan.  Don't think we'll take him but don't think JSN would be an overdraft at #15

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

If Myles Murphy and/or LVN are sitting there at 15 who do you take?   

That is a good question, I would take LVN because I think he has a lesser bust risk to him. Ceiling is high for both of them.

Interesting is both are 6'5/270ish, 34 to 33 3/4-inch arms, but LVN has 11" hands to Murphy's 8 1/2" hands and LVN plays like he has much heavier hands. 

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Wilson #10 Olave #11 J Williams #12 J Dotson #16    all smaller receivers like JSN that went in our same range.   Everyone but Williams had an impact and look like great picks - Williams spent almost all season recovering from his ACL so gets a mulligan.  Don't think we'll take him but don't think JSN would be an overdraft at #15

Agree that JSN would not be over drafted at 15 and think he would fit in well with the Packers (Greg Jennings 2.0) but agree that it is doubtful the Packers select him. But disagree with this notion that people want to lump him in with the small WR's of a year ago. Dotson weighed 178, Williams 179, the other 2 were in the 180's, JSN is 6'1/2"/196 and well within the Packers thresholds for WR's. 

JSN is a 10% larger human than Dotson or Williams is. That is a big deal in the MLF offense. 

• Like 2