Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

8 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Packers need to take 1 if not 2 of these tight ends.  Take 1 in the 2nd and another in the 4th.

Top 5-7 will be long gone by the 4th round I think. 

Actually, this draft looks good down to 9-10 then so so until you get to the top of the second round again. Trade for 42 & 43 plus… with the Jets and then trade back from 15 once or twice to get another 1-2 seconds would be outstanding. 3-5 second round picks would really help us reload for Love. 

Alright so I finally watched Darnell Washington.

We're gonna draft him.

There's no way he isn't MLFs favorite offensive player in this draft. He's an LT. He's a WR. He's the next Gronk. Buttery smooth and violent. This staff is going to view him as ceiling of Gronk and being an incredible weapon for Love and his floor as an aging Big Dog.

They're gonna justify using our first 1st on him.

Prepare yourself for it @Outpost31. Maybe we'll trade back with one of our picks and land him but I think we love this dude.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

We're gonna draft him.

There's no way he isn't MLFs favorite offensive player in this draft. He's an LT. He's a WR. He's the next Gronk. Buttery smooth and violent. This staff is going to view him as ceiling of Gronk and being an incredible weapon for Love and his floor as an aging Big Dog.

Prepare yourself for it @Outpost31. Maybe we'll trade back with one of our picks and land him but I think we love this dude.

Wonderful. Then Jordan Love will have a first round pick to throw 30 touchdown passes to who will not have been worth a first round pick.

7 hours ago, MacReady said:

Wonderful. Then Jordan Love will have a first round pick to throw 30 touchdown passes to who will not have been worth a first round pick.

Huh?  So because you don't like him in the 1st round but he catches 30 td passes he wouldn't be worthy of that pick?  Now that's just goofy.  

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We're gonna draft him.

I'd take this guy in round 2. He's got a Bubba Franks feel to me. Might be a bit underselling Washington's athleticism, but not a fan of a TE in round 1. 

Give me LaPorta in late round 2 or early round 3. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Huh?  So because you don't like him in the 1st round but he catches 30 td passes he wouldn't be worthy of that pick?  Now that's just goofy.  

Lol. If he has only 30 career to us brown receptions, he was not worth a first round pick.

Marcedes Lewis, Bubba Franks, both great careers for tight ends. Neither was worth a top 24 first round pick.

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We're gonna draft him.

Slag Vomit GIF - Slag Vomit Eww GIFs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Washington is such a smooth athlete, don't undersell him

If we have multiple 2s after the Jets trade, I think he's probably Gute's candidate No. 1 for a move up back into the first. Don't think we'll use 15 (or 13) on him. 

1 hour ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Didn't chop his feet fast enough during a blocking sled rep.  UDFA.

Doesn't have quick feet, period.

If Gronk didn't have the bad back, he's an early round one pick, easily.  I don't get the Gronk comparison. 

Washington wasn't even the lead tight end for his college team.

To me, he's an end of round two to top of round three TE.

I do see where his skillset is probably something we will covet, though.  

I would not be upset if we use a second round pick for him, and I'll be thrilled if we use a second and our third to move up to secure him.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Doesn't have quick feet, period.

If Gronk didn't have the bad back, he's an early round one pick, easily.  I don't get the Gronk comparison. 

Washington wasn't even the lead tight end for his college team.

To me, he's an end of round two to top of round three TE.

I do see where his skillset is probably something we will covet, though.  

I would not be upset if we use a second round pick for him, and I'll be thrilled if we use a second and our third to move up to secure him.

Let me give you a comparison. Garrett Wilson wasn't the top option at OSU, Olave was. Heck, JSN might have been option #2 that year.

The other kid at Georgia, Brock Bowers, is top 10 next year in the draft.