Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If GB takes Skoronski at 15 I will **** you a golden brick.

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm pretty confident Skoronski isn't on our board anymore. He would've been with Aaron as the QB, but there's no need to draft a plug and play guard at 15 with a rebuilding team. He'll be an arm length red when being looked at as a tackle.

Still think your eval on him is way off though. He's Zach Martin. Some team will get great value if he goes mid to late teens. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

His testing wasn’t great, but he’s the perfect example of tape not matching the testing or it not mattering.

He's just an explosive athlete at TE by any means.  That's not to say he's bad, but there's nothing that suggests he's going to be an elite TE in the NFL.

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I wouldn't be upset, but I'm pretty confident Skoronski isn't on our board anymore. He would've been with Aaron as the QB, but there's no need to draft a plug and play guard at 15 with a rebuilding team. He'll be an arm length red when being looked at as a tackle.

Still think your eval on him is way off though. He's Zach Martin. Some team will get great value if he goes mid to late teens. 

I be absolutely shocked if Skoronski was low on our board much less off it. He has 3 straight full seasons at LT for NW and was the #1 graded pass blocker among all OL in '22. He keeps stacking success, is versatile, and tested really well. 

I'd take the other 3 above him (and I haven't watched Harrison yet), but he's definitely a first rounder. 

I want to put an elite OL in front of Love and think Skoronski could be a 10yr starter for us. 

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I be absolutely shocked if Skoronski was low on our board much less off it. He has 3 straight full seasons at LT for NW and was the #1 graded pass blocker among all OL in '22. He keeps stacking success, is versatile, and tested really well. 

I'd take the other 3 above him (and I haven't watched Harrison yet), but he's definitely a first rounder. 

I want to put an elite OL in front of Love and think Skoronski could be a 10yr starter for us. 

Of 64 starting OTs in the league currently, one has sub 33" arms.

You can certainly try Skoronski at OT, but you take him knowing most likely he's a guard.

• Like 2

I've reached the fatigue part of the draft process where I've looked at these guys so many times, I keep narrowing my list of guys I'd actually be "excited" about taking at 15. Excluding guys I expect to be gone (i.e. Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Gonzalez), I'm basically down to: JSN, LVN, Murphy and Nolan Smith, in that order. Other than that, I could live with an OT pick, but my first choice would be trading back. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He's just an explosive athlete at TE by any means.  That's not to say he's bad, but there's nothing that suggests he's going to be an elite TE in the NFL.

I agree with the lack of explosiveness, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be elite. When I think of elite TE I just think of Kelce, which obviously he won’t be. I think he’s going to be one of the better TEs for a long time. 

12 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

What is our outlook at RG without skoronski?

Newman/runyan? Any chance walker slides in?

I think if nijman wants to be a packer we could be fine at tackle with him and zt. Maybe walker can even be rt of future

OG competition (excluding Jenkins) is basically Runyan, Newman, Rhyan and Hanson. We basically know what we have with Newman and Hanson. Hence why I think IOL is a mid-round need for the Packers unless they are putting their chips on Rhyan being a different player this year. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

OG competition (excluding Jenkins) is basically Runyan, Newman, Rhyan and Hanson. We basically know what we have with Newman and Hanson. Hence why I think IOL is a mid-round need for the Packers unless they are putting their chips on Rhyan being a different player this year. 

Newman had a regression last year compared to his rookie projections, right? 

Rhyan just not enough sand in pants was the complaint there?

Just now, HokieHigh said:

Newman had a regression last year compared to his rookie projections, right? 

Rhyan just not enough sand in pants was the complaint there?

Rhyan changed positions and just struggled more than people expected. Newman isn't bad and he's versatile, he's just not starter material. 

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm basically down to: JSN, LVN, Murphy and Nolan Smith, in that order. 

I'm down to JSN, LVN, and Nolan Smith.  I'm not really pounding the table for any of them, just hoping they get the right fit whoever they pick.

To me LVN just seems like a Gute pick.  Young, has a tremendous ceiling to grow, fills a need.  He may be gone when they pick.  I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those guys.

You also can't rule out players they like that may not be top rated.  The top corner on their board might be the 5th rated corner on other boards.  The whole thing is a  guess.

Edited by NFLGURU

57 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

What is our outlook at RG without skoronski?

Newman/runyan? Any chance walker slides in?

I think if nijman wants to be a packer we could be fine at tackle with him and zt. Maybe walker can even be rt of future

Rhyan should be a devastating RG.  I still have hope.

I think Walker is our RT of the future.  Tom is our LT of the future.

But...I'm very optimistic about our young OL.  It's a weakness of mine.  One of many.

• Like 1

I like Lukas Van Ness - I just keep going back and forth between him and Murphy.   They remain a toss-up to me with virtual identical stats and testing numbers.    I've seen almost all of Murphy's games so he wins with familiarity.   I also think a lot of people don't realize Murphy is actually 6 months younger than LVN

From Cynthia Frelund:

Clemson · Junior

PRO COMPARISON: Ezekiel Ansah/Travon Walker

Myles Murphy earned a 90.9 PFF run defense grade from 2020-2022, ranking first among ACC edge defenders and tied for third in the Power Five over that span. Murphy generated 39 run stops (tied for fourth among ACC edges) and 21 tackles for loss or no gain (second).