Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

We'd get way more out of Kincaid than we would Bijan year one. I understand the logic to replace Jones but not with a first. Aaron Jones being the perfect example as to why you don't take a rb round one. TE isn't a premier position until you have a premier TE. 

Travis Kelsey is the best offensive pass catcher in the league. A better Ertz in Kincaid is going to help way more than a RB that will sit behind Jones for a year. The board is going to be brutal for us, pass catcher is the answer. Kincaid is better than hock while being 7 picks later.

travis kelsey is literally the goat, 1 of thousands of te's

Edited by HokieHigh

The more I watch Darnell Wright, the more I want this player on our team. 

https://youtu.be/v16aorpLkME

His "looking for work" attitude that results in chip-block pancakes and subsequent sweet little spin-move block were the cherries on top.

Gonzalez, Paris Johnson, Witherspoon, and Wright are my top 4 guys I know that I want right now. I'm still not sure how I feel about Will Anderson.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think Kincaid would record a single start for this team in year 1.  He's really a below average blocker.

...outside of QB and the OL, I don't think Games Started means much anymore. The better question would be what percentage of snaps would Kincaid see on offense?

Case in point, the snap percentages of the TE we used last year;
Tonyan: 3 GS, 591 Snaps, 54%
Deguara: 3 GS, 258 Snaps, 24%
Lewis: 17 GS, 451 Snaps, 41%
Davis: 1 GS, 174 Snaps, 16%

15 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Drafting to get an extra win or two next year at the expense of long term success would be a bad mistake.   Gm's that think that way already have a foot out the door.

Would you give Gute a pass for drafting with the future in mind this season, if it led to a worse record and possibly little first year impact?

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Would you give Gute a pass for drafting with the future in mind this season, if it led to a worse record and possibly little first year impact?

I'd be fine with that for a first rounder but then I'd expect him to address needs after that. For example, grab a future OT in round 1 but then hit WR and TE in rounds 2-3. I want the Packers to give Love every opportunity to succeed this season and those positions need work. 

• Like 1

Kincaid would be a productive TE in GB.

The questions involving him are:

Blocking

Hes going to be 24 years old

He has an issue with his back.  

The Packers have lots of holes to fill, I don't see TE as a high priority early.  They DO need TEs but this draft has some decent ones you could get in rds 2, 3, 4.

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

This is probably an issue since the Packers are one of the teams that seems to put a huge premium on drafting young guys.  Both Meyer and Washington are going to turn 22 this summer, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Packers like both better than Kincaid.

As we saw with Hayden Hurst being an older TE prospect doesn't actually seem to help much in the NFL transition.

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Kincaid would be a productive TE in GB.

The questions involving him are:

Blocking

He has an issue with his back.  

The Packers have lots of holes to fill, I don't see TE as a high priority early.  They DO need TEs but this draft has some decent ones you could get in rds 2, 3, 4.

There's more than a few people out there that think he's a top 10 talent in this draft. Elite receiving skills.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The more I watch Darnell Wright, the more I want this player on our team. 

https://youtu.be/v16aorpLkME

His "looking for work" attitude that results in chip-block pancakes and subsequent sweet little spin-move block were the cherries on top.

Gonzalez, Paris Johnson, Witherspoon, and Wright are my top 4 guys I know that I want right now. I'm still not sure how I feel about Will Anderson.

Not saying it's a red flag, but why is he playing RT instead of LT?