Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

39 minutes ago, R T said:

If it was up to me, I would have traded Rodgers after the 2018 season. That was when the tail started wagging the dog and those situations never end well. Take a boatload of picks and start anew, but they didn't because of public opinion. 

This sums you up perfectly. It's not like some teams search decades for a franchise QB. We had one of the best ever, let's get rid of this guy!

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We know I am a Christian Watson fanboy.  But none of these WRs are as good as Christian Watson was a year ago.

I had some questions going in, but my only concern with Watson now is durability. Outside that....very glad to have him.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

I had some questions going in, but my only concern with Watson now is durability. Outside that....very glad to have him.

Hamstring and concussion. Hamstring didnt seem to be a recurring problem, which happens when someone is rushed back. Now that he has had an offseason its a non issue. 

As the concussion goes, its not like he is falling wrong and bonking his head. His case is not at all a durability issue from my perspective.

My biggest concern with watson is that when his contract comes up, he will remember how mean packers fans were to him early on.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, R T said:

Gutes doesn't operate as a sole decision maker here. Mark Murphy is involved, and he makes decisions based on the court of public opinion, public opinion was to run it back, all-in, as long they were winning divisions and making playoff runs. Gutes is sometimes handicapped by things that Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson were not. But he knew that the day he was offered the job. 

Do I support the contract, no but I understand it. If it was up to me, I would have traded Rodgers after the 2018 season. That was when the tail started wagging the dog and those situations never end well. Take a boatload of picks and start anew, but they didn't because of public opinion. 

You on the other hand love to pound your chest and let everyone know that you would have done things differently. Newsflash for you, a lot of people would have, but they also understand that the court of public opinion wasn't going to let it happen for Gutes no matter how much he may have wanted to go in a different direction. 

As things currently sit it has been my opinion that we will get worse not better and will not win a SB.  If what you type is true it is an even worse reflection on Murphy, Gute, Ball etc. 

If true, we need to burn the entire top level out.   We have gone back to the effective management strategy of the 70's and 80's prior to the hiring of Ron Wolf.  It proved terribly ineffective then.   So that isn't an excuse for Packers leadership.

Using public opinion as an excuse for bad leadership and opinions is cowardly.   You don't run anything effective in that manner.   

It isn't pounding my chest responding to people who make excuses for poor management.   I realize many would not have done what the Packers did last year, yet I see many accepting it.   It wan't acceptable.  If that is how they are going to lead then they should be made rid of and bring people in who actually want to be leaders rather than follow public opinion.   

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

My biggest concern with watson is that when his contract comes up, he will remember how mean packers fans were to him early on.  

I must've missed that....but I'm confident a few years of solid production things will turn into a love fest.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

As things currently sit it has been my opinion that we will get worse not better and will not win a SB.  If what you type is true it is an even worse reflection on Murphy, Gute, Ball etc. 

If true, we need to burn the entire top level out.   We have gone back to the ineffective management strategy of the 70's and 80's prior to the hiring of Ron Wolf.  It proved terribly ineffective then.   So that isn't an excuse for Packers leadership.

Using public opinion as an excuse for bad leadership and opinions is cowardly.   You don't run anything effective in that manner.   

It isn't pounding my chest responding to people who make excuses for poor management.   I realize many would not have done what the Packers did last year, yet I see many accepting it.   It wan't acceptable.  If that is how they are going to lead then they should be made rid of and bring people in who actually want to be leaders rather than follow public opinion.   

14 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

If true, we need to burn the entire top level out.   We have gone back to the effective management strategy of the 70's and 80's prior to the hiring of Ron Wolf.  It proved terribly ineffective then.   So that isn't an excuse for Packers leadership.

If you haven't noticed it is how 98% of corporate America works now. It is all about the brand.  

23 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

He's had his *** grabbed enough times by the fans during his Lambeau Leaps - he's good with the people

If the checks are fat enough he's not going to care about the big meanies at the beginning.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

This sums you up perfectly. It's not like some teams search decades for a franchise QB. We had one of the best ever, let's get rid of this guy!

You are wrong. Rodgers wasn't one of the best ever, he was the best ever. Get it that **** right next time. 

25 minutes ago, R T said:

If you haven't noticed it is how 98% of corporate America works now. It is all about the brand.  

Disagree.  You’re describing companies hanging on, not thriving.  We shouldn’t desire to be okay and run the organization accordingly.  We should strive for better.

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Disagree.  You’re describing companies hanging on, not thriving.  We shouldn’t desire to be okay and run the organization accordingly.  We should strive for better.

That is just more tough guy talk. A brand doesn't thrive by pissing off the majority of its customers.