Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, R T said:

Odds are pretty good that if they went from 15 to 29 they would be going from drafting a player in their first tier to a player in their second tier, and that is probably a big deal for Gute's crew. There is also the question of why would the Saints do that after signing Carr. 

The dropping QB scenario probably would make more sense with TB at 19. 

Washington and pitt both need OTs. Could be opportunity there for pitt to jump and not drop far

• Like 1

That's really interesting, Chili, and I agree that it looks like we're considering TE for Day 2.  

The lack of look at WR is curious, and your thinking is persuasive.  I wonder, too, if inclusion of Corey Davis in the trade is a factor?  

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Wright ended up with 14 visits according to SI. Could be due to his ranging grades, teams like Dallas and Buffalo had him in. The Saints had him in and they don't have a 1st rounder. Then Philly, Bears and Packers all had him in and are picking top 15.

Guys like Skoronski, Johnson and Jones aren't visiting with teams that late in the draft.

This is from 10 days ago.

Tennessee OT Darnell Wright Visiting Nearly 20 Teams, Including Packers & Bears - NFLTradeRumors.co

29 minutes ago, Chili said:

I had a look through the Packers top 30 visits list so far and I noticed something interesting, only 1 WR has been brought in for a visit. Completely different to us bringing in 7 last year.

You would've thought WR was still a position of weakness and needs further draft investment so surely looking at WRs would be a priority.

Last year we didn't bother bringing in any of the top 1st round WRs such as London, Olave, Williams and Wilson for a visit probably because as 1st round prospects we already knew enough about them but instead we brought in a number of "2nd round" tiered WRs for a look and sure enough a number of them were available for our 2nd round pick, almost as if we were deliberately targeting the 2nd round to draft a WR.

If the Packers follows the same pattern then either we targeting a WR in the 1st round or we're not prioritising a WR later in the draft this year.

This year our focus on top 30 visits has been on EDGE, OL, SAF and TE. Especially TE with 5 brought in so far. If last year is anything to go by then it sure feels like we're targeting a TE on the 2nd round.

I agree but I think this could also be because GB is targeting multiple tight ends as they likely need to draft multiple. 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a character flaw if someone requests evidence to support a claim you make and you refuse to.

It's a character flaw if someone is too lazy to look up information they want and tries to get someone else to do it for them. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

It's a character flaw if someone is too lazy to look up information they want and tries to get someone else to do it for them. 

It's a major character flaw to expect your audience to do your research for claims you make.

It's perhaps the #1 issue in today's society: "I'll form a uneducated opinion and if I'm challenged demand the challenger do the research."

Talk about being lazy...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a character flaw if someone requests evidence to support a claim you make and you refuse to.

I would like a highlight and time stamp of every time JSN gets caught from behind or gets knocked backwards or sideways.   That has been your assertion.   Please post videos and notations of what you are seeing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I would like a highlight and time stamp of every time JSN gets caught from behind or gets knocked backwards or sideways.   That has been your assertion.   Please post videos and notations of what you are seeing.

And at least 3 references confirming what is being alleged, without that would be a character flaw.   

3 hours ago, R T said:

Odds are pretty good that if they went from 15 to 29 they would be going from drafting a player in their first tier to a player in their second tier, and that is probably a big deal for Gute's crew. There is also the question of why would the Saints do that after signing Carr. 

The dropping QB scenario probably would make more sense with TB at 19. 

Fair point. More so just moving up to get their guy. They like trading up with us with great return for us. The mock simulator sends the trade to me. Could be a nice option if the guys board is shot