Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Interesting choice. Do you really hate him? Because I haven't seen him as a ln option at 15. But I remember thinking I liked him

Just going with someone that would be "off the wall" for 15. I don't think he's an impact edge nor has impact edge upside so 15 would be bad, even for me. Outside of that, I'm not sure there's really anyone that would make me walk away. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If you mean plug and play in the role Lewis played the last two years, then yea, I agree. 

I mean, that’s a huge benefit for Love as well. Having another good blocker on the edge helps in pass pro.

I also think Washington is quite a bit more athletic at this point in his career. Still think we need another TE who can stretch the defense but I really think Washington might be the closest to an every down TE as any in the draft. Just not a down field threat. 

Just now, squire12 said:

I don't see it with Johnston.  maybe I'm wrong, but I think he will struggle in the NFL.  

I can see a trade down for this value for sure.  unfortunately it takes 2 to tango in that process

agreed on the CB's.  I think EDGE is more an option for positional value but that means less impact on the offense for Love in direct help

I don't think edge is a bad idea ever.  CB seems like where the value might be at our pick more than edge, but that's a lot of projection, and edge is an easy pick every time for me.  Worst case you have a cheap player who isn't that good but still better than an equivalent free agent.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think edge is a bad idea ever.  CB seems like where the value might be at our pick more than edge, but that's a lot of projection, and edge is an easy pick every time for me.  Worst case you have a cheap player who isn't that good but still better than an equivalent free agent.

What DBs do you think are worth pick 15 after Gonzalez and Witherspoon?

17 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Apologies if this came up sometime in the prior 230-plus pages, but if any top-end QB in this draft were to fall all the way down to #15 and be picked by us, who would you want that to be?

Someone that we can get alot of draft capital in trade for at #15.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What DBs do you think are worth pick 15 after Gonzalez and Witherspoon?

Forbes, Porter Jr., Kelee Ringo, Cam Smith, and the Safety Brian Branch could all potentially be in someone else's top 12-15.  Heck, maybe even in their top 6-8 non qbs.

I don't think they would be in our range there since it's not a positional need, hence the trade down idea.  I'm not a big scout guy I've just been reading that there's not an overwhelming consensus at who the best CB is let alone the 3rd best CB if two happen to end up going in the top 10. 

For that reason I could see someone's else's perceived No. 1 CB on their board being available at 15 - and that might make a juicy trade down target for us.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I agree with @incognito_man. When I watch Mayer, I don't see a plodder. He's actually open more often than I thought he'd be based on how people talk about him. He's a crisp route runner too. I really like him. A lot of the "contested catch" stuff was due to the QB play at ND IMO. Lot of late processing by those kids.

ND fan, Michael Mayer's best football is ahead of him which is nuts because he was incredible at ND.

The QB play was ATROCIOUS. The QBs were beyond terrible and he still dominated. I hope GB looks past his non-elite athleticism. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

But what do you mean not close?? Do you think kincaid is just worlds better at combo and leak blocking just a damn dominant chipper? Or he just runs clearing routes better? How can you be worlds better if youre not able to see the field for ~75% of your positions snaps? How often did we split Tonyan/Davis out wide?

Regarding Tonyan and being split out wide....

PFF has him at the following snaps at the following positions on the field...for last year.

151 slot plays.

78 plays lined up wide.

171 plays inline.

400 snaps total on pass plays.

Not sure what that tells you, but I thought you would want the data.

As I'm looking at it....nothing stands out to me.  The data of where he lined up, per game, is pretty consistent.   Only real outlier I see is 20 snaps in the slot against the Jets.  His next highest total was 14 snaps in the slaot against Tampa.  Inline blocking...he had 20 snaps there against Miami, the next highest in line snap count was 14 against Buffalo. 

• Like 1