How did the most admired organization in sports become the laughing stock?

chefj85

This thread being up even just strengthens the view of outsiders that packers fans are whiny *******, and oh no, our whole legacy is sullied because we went 3-6

Gtfo 

We nut up, own this ****ty year, and root for a high draft pick, something we havent the luxury to do in a while and its kinda fun

What about 2005, moron

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

2005 was a fun year because Nick Collins flashed a lot and Samkon Gado.

It was also fun because Favre went, “**** it, we have no talent but we’re going to have fun.”

Rodgers is going, “**** it, we have no talent I’m going to whine all game.”

Our only hope is the come winter, someone can throw a snowball at rodgers, and his heart grows 3 sizes and he decides to throw a snowball back instead of holding a press conference about it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Norm said:

It doesn't disqualify you from anything, it's just ******* stupid.

And the person who agreed with your reply there is even more insane about all this than you are.

So a team loses five games in a row in breathtakingly inept fashion, but simply because I didnt watch one of the games where they lost, its a stupid opinion? Sorry, but I think thats a pretty stupid opinion. 

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

This thread being up even just strengthens the view of outsiders that packers fans are whiny *******, and oh no, our whole legacy is sullied because we went 3-6

Gtfo 

We nut up, own this ****ty year, and root for a high draft pick, something we havent the luxury to do in a while and its kinda fun

What about 2005, moron

More name calling… cool! You must be highly intelligent. I can tell.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

2005 was a fun year because Nick Collins flashed a lot and Samkon Gado.

It was also fun because Favre went, “**** it, we have no talent but we’re going to have fun.”

Rodgers is going, “**** it, we have no talent I’m going to whine all game.”

I don’t think it felt that way in season. If you are looking for silver linings on this stink hole of a season, the bulk of the rookies have shown real talent:  Doubs, Toure, Enagbare, Tom have all looked like they are playing well above their draft round.  

Now that this year is essentially over, it’s time to just root for the young guys to progress and hopefully be a foundation for future years. 

As for this thread in general, it is definitely an entitled mind set that generates such ridiculousness.  And this idea that re-signing 12 3 years ago was bad is a terrible take.  Getting the 1 seed two straight years was absolutely worth it, even if it didn’t work out.  I don’t really blame them for re-signing him this year, I think there is value in hoping that Playoffs Rodgers never becomes reg season Rodgers for as long as you can.  Definitely shoulda traded him and my guess is this is Murphy’s doing and not Gutes. I genuinely hope Rodgers retires and we can start truly rebuilding.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Losing brings the weirdos out. It won't be the worst opinion you hear over the next 8 weeks. 

Look who you're agreeing with.

We literally could not have gotten any worse by having traded Rodgers and keeping McCarthy.

And if you'd read what I said before just agreeing with him, you'd say I added the disclaimer of giving McCarthy more control over personnell decisions.

Do you remember how many times McCarthy made direct requests for certain players? I don't remember all of them, but I vividly remember him asking for things like this multiple times, the most memorable of them was when he asked for a player who could stretch the middle of the field.

Who did Gute (or maybe it was Thompson) give him? Jimmy Graham. Geriatric Graham.

Look at the players he's had a say in bringing in in Dallas.

Ceedee Lamb. Trevon Diggs. Micah Parsons.

Fired his defensive coordinator after one year.

When the goal is to win a Super Bowl and nothing else matters, you don't want a coach complacent with "Packer People."

The choice to keep Rodgers was the wrong one in 2016. It was the wrong one in 2018. It was the wrong one in 2022.

Every single year he re-signed he still had years on his deal. Who else does that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chefj85 said:

So a team loses five games in a row in breathtakingly inept fashion, but simply because I didnt watch one of the games where they lost, its a stupid opinion? Sorry, but I think thats a pretty stupid opinion. 

I actually agree with this point. Whether or not you watch the game doesn't mean a ****ing thing when talking about broad strokes.

If you're commenting on how such and such performed in a game you don't watch, **** you you should know better, but fans here have this sick notion that watching the television broadcast means you know more than someone who doesn't.

They gave me all sorts of hell when I took last season off from watching football. It's a childish thing. "Derp, you can't comment on things that have been true of the NFL for 30 years because you didn't watch every single game last year."

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, there are wise people here

It's actually hilarious to me.

They're questioning hindsight.

Like... I can literally point to 4 years of failing to win a Super Bowl.

If we had won a Super Bowl and I was questioning this, I'm the idiot.

But you add a haul of 3 first round draft picks, likely a player, and a chance for McCarthy to coach a top 5 QB and for all anyone knows we have a Josh Allen on a rookie contract.

Matter of fact, had we traded Rodgers after the 2018 season, we literally would have had either Kyler Murray or waited until the following year after assessing our roster without a QB and we could literally had had Burrow or Herbert - plus picks - plus cap health.

But no I'm the idiot.