Week 12 GDT - Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

Just watching the head move side to side is nice to see. 

I liked the 4th down pass as well. Just a lot more comfortable in the pocket. 

Shanny has to declare Jimmy G the starter at the presser....Okay he won't, but we all know it's his time next week.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny has to declare Jimmy G the starter at the presser....Okay he won't, but we all know it's his time next week.

Yeah he can’t do that! At least give the ceremonial “right now we’re just hoping CJ’s okay.  That’s the only thing I’m worried about.”  Then when he’s day to day say Jimmy getting the start because he’s getting the reps. 

Feel really bad for Beathard. But he was getting benched one way or the other next week. 

Flipped over from Rams-Saints to watch JG. He moved around the pocket to buy himself time like that all the time when he was up here. I think his presence was a big reason why Brady worked so hard to improve his own mobility over the last couple of years. Enjoy the show, guys. 

Just, you know, don't run the table or anything. I'd still like to see the Pats pick twice in the top-40. ;)

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hypothetical question if this happens:

Would we rather: 

A. We finish 2-14. Garoppolo plays better than Hoyer or Beathard did, showing he can be the guy. We still get the #2 pick. QBs may or may not declare. The trade down may or may not happen. 

B. We finish 6-10. Garoppolo looks like nothing but the guy after playing extremely well. We get the #10 pick. Nelson may or may not be available. 

It's tough. I think this next week he has to start. He played superbly in that last little bit of time. He'll be playing a weak team in Chicago which should give him a chance to shine. It's his home state. And I think he would have a chance to play extremely well in that game similar to Beathard against the Giants. So then obviously we can go either way. 

Honestly, I'd be fine losing on Nelson if Jimmy G shows he is THE guy and has the potential to be one of the best QBs in the league. 

But him playing well and still ending up with a high pick would be the most ideal situation.

How about we end up with a 4-12 record and get the 5th or 6th pick and take Nelson there? Won't get to trade down but still get our guy?

Obviously this is a lost season, so the higher we pick the better, but since we traded for Jimmy I've kind of jumped off of the tank bandwagon. I'd like to see Jimmy do well even at the cost of our draft position. Boy, that was a very limited sample, but that looked night and day between Beathard and Garoppolo. 

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Obviously this is a lost season, so the higher we pick the better, but since we traded for Jimmy I've kind of jumped off of the tank bandwagon. I'd like to see Jimmy do well even at the cost of our draft position. Boy, that was a very limited sample, but that looked night and day between Beathard and Garoppolo. 

The last couple of years, there was a reason to not care if the team won- I wanted Tomsula gone badly after 2015, and Baalke gone badly after 2016 (i was 50/50 on Kelly, but i like Shanahan more). 

However, i feel confident in our GM, HC, and now our QB. Next year, i want us to compete for 8-8 type of season. Year after, division, etc. 

Having a high draft pick is better to get more trade capital, but I want to see wins now. If we have the 3 most important parts of a franchise already on the team (GM, HC, QB) than a lot of the hard work is already done. Now its time to start winning NFL games, and see our youngsters grow and develop. 

Archived