Week 11 GDT - Bears vs Dirty Birds

Sugashane

12 minutes ago, malagabears said:

No reason to risk Fields anymore, this Oline is a true abomination. RG was absolutely horrific & horrendous. Shut him down and finish the tank.

Nope. Fields needs the reps. He's a tough guy so as long as the injury isn't too serious that it would jeopardize his career by playing and he can manage the pain then he should be out there 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

And Tom Brady instead of Paul Edinger

Yeah like 6 times

That's not the point. They severely overvalued Velus Jones and they severely undervalued how bad the offense was. Yes the D sucks but most meaningful player on the roster might be killed by the time they're competitive again

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah like 6 times

That's not the point. They severely overvalued Velus Jones and they severely undervalued how bad the offense was. Yes the D sucks but most meaningful player on the roster might be killed by the time they're competitive again

This roster underwent a lot of turnover this offseason, it's hard to know really what you have. You can go off evaluations until your eyes fall out but really you don't know how guys will play together or respond to coaching. Not to mention it's year one with a new coach and new GM, they don't have as much to work with in terms of internal/personal knowledge of the operation as you'd like them to have.

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I like Getsy but I wonder if all the fans who are worried that he's going to get snatched up for a HC job at the end of the season are going to be changing their tune after witnessing what we saw today 😆

Hard to really get a read on the offense as a whole, in my opinion. Fields is obviously a building block but how many clean plays are we getting to where we can actually analyze the scheme? Our offense is playing ugly schoolyard football because of the talent deficiency.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

This roster underwent a lot of turnover this offseason, it's hard to know really what you have. You can go off evaluations until your eyes fall out but really you don't know how guys will play together or respond to coaching. Not to mention it's year one with a new coach and new GM, they don't have as much to work with in terms of internal/personal knowledge of the operation as you'd like them to have.

If anyone in charge there didn't know what they had in this offense, they did zero homework. I understand trying to lose, but trotting out these bums on the OL? You could've sucked everywhere else a little worse and at least not have the guy get his head beat in weekly

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If anyone in charge there didn't know what they had in this offense, they did zero homework. I understand trying to lose, but trotting out these bums on the OL? You could've sucked everywhere else a little worse and at least not have the guy get his head beat in weekly

Right, but that's what I'm saying. Their evaluations and projections for some of these guys obviously haven't panned out. Now it can be addressed.

1 minute ago, Docknstein11 said:

Someone should remind Getsy that one of the things that helped kick off Fieldsmania was first down passes that kept the defense off balance. The QB sweep was beat into the ground. Just a stale game plan. The Swiss cheese oline doesn’t help. 

The only way to comprehend it is to assume we are deliberately tanking now. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Hard to really get a read on the offense as a whole, in my opinion. Fields is obviously a building block but how many clean plays are we getting to where we can actually analyze the scheme? Our offense is playing ugly schoolyard football because of the talent deficiency.

Yep. Getsy obviously isn't ready to be a HC IMO but still, we have a C, LG, and RT all playing alongside one another that should at best be depth. Mustipher sucks something fierce, Schofield was horrible, and Reiff was terrible in the pass game. What offense does well with that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I like Getsy but I wonder if all the fans who are worried that he's going to get snatched up for a HC job at the end of the season are going to be changing their tune after witnessing what we saw today 😆

Yea, Getsy was bad for a few stretches today. Let’s hope he will dial up fewer runs for Justin.

47 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Yea, Getsy was bad for a few stretches today. Let’s hope he will dial up fewer runs for Justin.

Agreed. Also, where were the moving pocket plays today? Did we have one? Have we thrown a quick slant pass all year? That’s not hyperbole - I don’t remember a single one.