Week 11 GDT - Bears vs Dirty Birds

Sugashane

Quick thoughts:

-Fields may not even be playing next week, his left shoulder looks to be a big problem. 

-longer term, what we're trying to do with fields isn't sustainable. 

-The offensive line is as big of a problem as the defensive line. 

-the defense does not function as it is currently built. Where did Fangio go after Denver? Pay him whatever he wants. 

-*edit Ebner is not an NFL running back. Whether we keep Monty or not, I'm getting a new rb next year to replace *Ebner. 

-kmet and money both had good games

-fields has a major issue throwing directly into linemen, that was like three times just today, and a number of other times this season. 

-Claypool has been no where near the value of a very early 2nd this year.. There's a ton of damn good players for that range right now. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Quick thoughts:

-Fields may not even be playing next week, his left shoulder looks to be a big problem. 

-the defense does not function as it is currently built. Where did Fangio go after Denver? Pay him whatever he wants. 

-Herbert is not an NFL running back. Whether we keep Monty or not, I'm getting a new rb next year to replace Herbert. 

-fields has a major issue throwing directly into linemen, that was like three times just today, and a number of other times this season. 

-Claypool has been no where near the value of a very early 2nd this year.. There's a ton of damn good players for that range right now. 

How has Herbert not looked like a RB, for two season now when given the chance he has produced.

8 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Quick thoughts:

-Herbert is not an NFL running back. Whether we keep Monty or not, I'm getting a new rb next year to replace Herbert. 

What does today have to do with Herbert?

Also, anyone trying to talk themselves into Claypool being good were trying to make their draft takes from that spring look good. The guy has been an average pro. It wasn't going to look much better here of all places

Game went as planned with another loss but seeing Fields hurt near the end of the game is sad and upsetting 

I question Getsy's play calling on that last drive. Not sure why he was calling on Fields to take more shots when it's apparent he was already labouring

Also although the pass was a little high Monty has to come down with that on the int. Went right through his hands

Also this OL is so trash. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 new starters next season

Edited by topwop1

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Game went as planned with another loss but seeing Fields hurt near the end of the game is sad and upsetting 

I question Getsy's play calling on that last drive. Not sure why he was calling on Fields to take more shots when it's apparent he was already labouring

Also although the pass was a little high Monty has to come down with that on the int. Went right through his hands

Also this OL is so trash. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 new starters next season

I know they won't give up on Jones, but they can have an entirely new OL next year except for Jenkins for all I care

I had some mates up tonight to watch the game so couldn't comment throughout, but this game reminded me so much of the Washington game...beat by a team who also have limited talent but who were just so much tougher in the trenches than we are...their DL bullied or OL and our DL did next to nothing against their OL...forget weapons for Fields...forget off LBs for the defence...this team will continue to struggle until we get way more physical on both lines...

As for Fields I think it is safe to say he needs the bye week...he has put this team on his back time and time again and it was clear his legs had just gone...it should be expected given what has been asked of him...keep him safe for the next two weeks until we get to the bye then let him finish strong.

38 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

How has Herbert not looked like a RB, for two season now when given the chance he has produced.

37 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya plus he didn't even play today.. I'm confused lol

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What does today have to do with Herbert?

Also, anyone trying to talk themselves into Claypool being good were trying to make their draft takes from that spring look good. The guy has been an average pro. It wasn't going to look much better here of all places

Yeah that part was supposed to say -=Ebner=-, not Herbert. I've been sick the past two days, so ranted while in a Nyquil haze. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Yeah that part was supposed to say -=Ebner=-, not Herbert. I've been sick the past two days, so ranted while in a Nyquil haze. 

Ebner sucks. I agree.

Let Montgomery walk and either spend big on Pollard/Barkley or sign a vet who would still be impactful on 7-9 carries (Zeke)

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Fields was carted out of the locker room after the game. Hearing both shoulder and hamstring.

Well, for anyone hoping to get a high draft pick... We have one of the worst backup qbs in the league, in an offense that basically only functions because Fields is super man out there carrying it on his back....

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Well, for anyone hoping to get a high draft pick... We have one of the worst backup qbs in the league, in an offense that basically only functions because Fields is super man out there carrying it on his back....

At this point I'd be pretty surprised if they finished better than 3-14

I truly can't remember the last time I saw a Bears pass rusher come off of the edge and hit the QB. I know Robinson is a rookie but he's done a whole lot of nothing & Gipson stinks

They have to have the least talented OL and DL's in football

50 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No reason to risk Fields anymore, this Oline is a true abomination. RG was absolutely horrific & horrendous. Shut him down and finish the tank.