Zach Wilson

biggie.

18 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Maybe it's just me but this is an overreaction. 

Agreed. He had two terrible games against a top 3 defense managed by BB. Now that he's going to face an actually middling defense we bench him? How does that make sense if you are trying to evaluate a young QB?

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Agreed. He had two terrible games against a top 3 defense managed by BB. Now that he's going to face an actually middling defense we bench him? How does that make sense if you are trying to evaluate a young QB?

He's had more than 2 terrible games. It's just that his other terrible games were masked by the team winning. You can't continue to start a QB who loses you games then refuses to take accountability for it while also losing the locker room in the process.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Maybe it's just me but this is an overreaction. 

It's not. 

Set aside that he's just been bad and they are trying to compete for the playoffs...but these press conferences are rough. The lack of accountability is really hard. I mean, look at the reaction of people outside the locker room...I'm sure that there are people inside the locker room that have even stronger reactions to it lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If he was struggling but taking accountability, he'd probably still be the starter. But when you're a little pretentious kid who's acting like you're not the problem, you deserve to get benched.

100%. Young QBs struggle and you can easily justify the position of keeping him in there to get better. But it's a bad look for the stuff that shouldn't be a bad look right now (unless you're aaron rodgers and have done what you have done) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It's not about evaluating him with a playoff birth within reach. It's about Saleh looking at the other 52 men in that locker room and justifying continuing to play Wilson when he is clearly holding them back.

Whether it's post injury related, deer in headlights, fear of getting hit, whatever? His mechanics suck right now. Is missing wide open WR's even within 10yds. Any semblance of competent QB play beats NE twice, not just this past Sunday.

Flacco gives that in spades. They don't need Joe to be Mahomes to win games with that defense.  They just need him not to be Zach Wilson.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Perhaps it was the infamous 'no' response? Seems like it didn't sit well in the locker room, so Saleh had to choose to either do right by the locker room or seeing what his 2nd year QB could do in his final 7 games. 

Edited by WizeGuy

So yeah, his poor play aside, he completely ticked the locker room off with his post-game comments. Not sure IF he ever turns it around, it will be in NY. Will need a fresh start with a different locker room. 

The AFC East with Jimmy G leading the Jets next season is going to be something special! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why Mike White over Joe Flacco though? 

This is what I'm trying to figure out as well. If you're evaluating for the future, then Mike White seems like the right move, but also so would Zach Wilson. The Jets seem to want to win now, and I don't think White gives you that ability over a veteran like Flacco who, while we clearly know he's not great, can at least stabilize that position for you while making plays and moving the ball.

Maybe they just feel like White can throw at the same level Flacco can but also has added mobility? Not sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is what I'm trying to figure out as well. If you're evaluating for the future, then Mike White seems like the right move, but also so would Zach Wilson. The Jets seem to want to win now, and I don't think White gives you that ability over a veteran like Flacco who, while we clearly know he's not great, can at least stabilize that position for you while making plays and moving the ball.

Maybe they just feel like White can throw at the same level Flacco can but also has added mobility? Not sure.

With the team they have, you would think they would go with the veteran here. But maybe the Jets fans can chime in about this decision and if this was always the move if Wilson was going to get benched. 

• Like 2