Zach Wilson

biggie.

3 hours ago, Apparition said:

the same things Geno Smith (another project QB mishandled by the Jets) learned in his 6 years in the wilderness

Geno wasn't a project QB, at least not in the same mould as Wilson. Geno had good college experience and fell in the draft.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What would he learn on the bench that he isn’t learning now by starting?

I doubt much, but it gives him a chance to reset his internal clock a little bit and perhaps focus on mechanics instead of only focusing on game planning. Probably doesn’t amount to anything incredible, especially midseason, but that’s got to be the hope. 

5 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

Geno wasn't a project QB, at least not in the same mould as Wilson. Geno had good college experience and fell in the draft.

Geno also showed improvement from year one to year 2. He just got an awful stigma for awhile that made people think he was a lot worse than he actually was. It's not surprising a good coach like Pete Carroll was able to make him play at a high level imo. Dude always had the tools, he needed to settle in and have the game slow down for him. Wilson we are still trying to see if he has the tools. He has the ability to make flashy plays. But that's all we know about him. 

To give it a basketball analogy, he's someone someone who is mediocre/horrible at most things, but every once in a while he'll make a crazy 3 pointer that's highlight reel worthy. He needs to figure out how to read defenses and not freak out when he feels pressure and learn to manipulate the pocket to his advantage. He also needs far more confidence and consistency.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What would he learn on the bench that he isn’t learning now by starting?

The options are limitless now that he has an additional 3 hours on sunday and doesn't have to take first team reps during the week. He could learn French, decoupage, origami, wood carving...everything is on the table. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

He should’ve attacked the media. Been like, “they were trying to bully me into saying something, they’ve always been attacking my upbringing, they’re leaches.” Everyone hates the media and then when the media comes after him afterwards they’d just look they’re trying to settle a score.

EVIwHw2WsAAOtMp.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

He should’ve attacked the media. Been like, “they were trying to bully me into saying something, they’ve always been attacking my upbringing, they’re leaches.” Everyone hates the media and then when the media comes after him afterwards they’d just look they’re trying to settle a score.

Oh yeah, a winning play from the victory playbook for sure.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m sure that’s exactly what the defense wants to hear from him!

• Like 1