Zach Wilson

biggie.

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think making the declaration  after 3 full game starts is a little crazy

That is three times the number of games Lance played in his last year of college [against players who gave new meaning to the expression "farm team" and who think "combine" refers to harvest machinery].  Upon seeing him in training camp Shanahan immediately benched Trey for a year.  In favor of Jimmy Garoppolo. 

"Crazy..." compared to forking out three first round picks to take a project at #3 when at least one--probably two--of Fields, Lance, and Mac would have been available at #12?

33 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

That is three times the number of games Lance played in his last year of college [against players who gave new meaning to the expression "farm team" and who think "combine" refers to harvest machinery].  Upon seeing him in training camp Shanahan immediately benched Trey for a year.  In favor of Jimmy Garoppolo. 

"Crazy..." compared to forking out three first round picks to take a project at #3 when at least one--probably two--of Fields, Lance, and Mac would have been available at #12?

The 49ers doing something crazy is immaterial to anything you do (nor did anyone say that they didn't do something crazy...) 

That has the same internal logic of, "I tried to swim from Australia to California because Luke Aikins jumped 25000 feet without a parachute". The 49ers doing something crazy in going to get Lance has absolutely no bearing on it. 

I think believing someone will bust and declaring them a bust are two separate things. I get why people think he will bust. Hell, I think the vibes and situation are awful. I think saying he's a bust after 3 full games of starting is a little crazy. There was one QB in this years draft that was younger than Trey Lance (Sam Howell). Its weird that people are throwing out any chance of development at 3 games for Lance.  That's a microwave take. Mostly just semantical though as I think most people just choose to use their opinion of what will happen as fact in the current (hell, I've done it myself) and treat them interchangeably

• Like 1

Some wild claims at the end here. Lance could end up being Aaron Rodgers for all we know, he's injured his second year and sat his first.

Sanchez was a regular level bust but we shouldn't forget semi-competent play for 3 years and great road playoff games. He would take this team to the playoffs for sure.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

Is that a bombshell at this stage? If you can avoid the cap penalty by shipping him for a conditional pick then it's in everyone's interest now.

Any GM who trades for him should be IMMEDIATELY fired.

Edited by biggie.

5 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

Some wild claims at the end here. Lance could end up being Aaron Rodgers for all we know, he's injured his second year and sat his first.

Sanchez was a regular level bust but we shouldn't forget semi-competent play for 3 years and great road playoff games. He would take this team to the playoffs for sure.

I don't even think you can qualify Sanchez as a bust. He was a cromulent NFL starter for 2 years, Woody Johnson decided to meddle with Rex's teams and bring in Tebow and ruined the team, and then he got hurt a bunch. Did he not live up to being the 5th overall pick, absolutely, was he a waste of that draft slot? No. 

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't even think you can qualify Sanchez as a bust. He was a cromulent NFL starter for 2 years, Woody Johnson decided to meddle with Rex's teams and bring in Tebow and ruined the team, and then he got hurt a bunch. Did he not live up to being the 5th overall pick, absolutely, was he a waste of that draft slot? No. 

Yes you can. There's degrees of busts. Sanchez definitely wasn't a Wilson degree of bust, but he was a bust for what you'd expect out of a top 10 pick.

Edited by DawgX