QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

GB fans hanging onto a rumor that has no legs on it about 49ers jumping in. These guys love to ride the wave. I hope GB holds onto AR until after the draft and only end up with a second round pick next year and it is very late because the Jets made a deep run with him. The icing on the cake would be that Love flops and they have no draft cap and no QB. 

Edited by jetfuel34
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

GB fans hanging onto a rumor that has no legs on it about 49ers jumping in. These guys love to ride the wave. I hope GB holds onto AR until after the draft and only end up with a second round pick next year and it is very late because the Jets made a deep run with him. The icing on the cake would be that Love flops and they have no draft cap and no QB. 

As much as I hate NE… NE fans aren’t as bad as GB fans have been these least 6 weeks. And that’s saying a lot.

• Like 2

Love how when a legit credible reporter (Fowler today) says GB is being STUBBORN in trade talks. And that’s yet again a topic GB fans ignore. Pay attention to non credible sources and ignore the credible ones. It’s actually pretty hilarious at this point. Believe guys like Carton but not guys like Fowler.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Love how when a legit credible reporter (Fowler today) says GB is being STUBBORN in trade talks. And that’s yet again a topic GB fans ignore. Pay attention to non credible sources and ignore the credible ones. It’s actually pretty hilarious at this point. Believe guys like Carton but not guys like Fowler.

Wait until they find out GB is only getting a second this year and nothing else. That would be the best. They go from 2 first round picks to just a second. 

Brock Purdy (elbow) told reporters he avoided Tommy John surgery.

"To find a way to have surgery and get the ligament healed up -- but also cut down the recovery time -- I think is huge," Purdy is quoted as saying. Purdy instead received an internal brace. We already knew that Purdy's surgery was considered successful, but avoiding Tommy John helps explain the optimism that he could resume throwing before training camp. It's possible that Purdy has more of an offseason runway than previously imagined. Purdy is joining the 49ers for the start of their offseason program on Monday despite not being able to throw. 

This will put an end to the 49ers rumor they want AR. 

27 minutes ago, GB Scott said:

it’s looking more likely that this deal doesn’t get done.  At least anytime soon.  Do we throw the season away?  What is plan “B”?   I am getting worried.  

The deal is done. Once JD said "Aaron Rodgers will be a Jet." it is done. I don't go by any reporters. I go by what GM's say and what HC's say. The one thing that makes sense is the Jets and GB want to see who falls to 13. I think if certain players fall to this spot the JETS make the decison on what to do.

A. Do a trade swap with GB 13 and 15 add a second next year Jets get AR. I'm thinking JSN is there GB wants him. 

B. A QB falls to 13 Jets trade down and collect an extra first round pick in 2024. Send that pick to GB for AR.

C. The Jets make the pick if Carter falls, a good T is there or QB is there the Jets must have and move on from Wilson with draft day trade. I think JD knows he messed up by starting Wilson week 1. He wants a guy that can sit for a few years behind Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, GB Scott said:

it’s looking more likely that this deal doesn’t get done.  At least anytime soon.  Do we throw the season away?  What is plan “B”?   I am getting worried.  

If we don't get Rodgers what is the worst that will happen?  We suck?  We should all be quite used to that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

If we don't get Rodgers what is the worst that will happen?  We suck?  We should all be quite used to that.

It’s the master plan to get Zach to bust his *** this offseason and earn a starting job lol. Or we’re buying enough time to get Streveler a new arm. 

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

That would be a real kick in the balls for Rodgers.  He has been jonesing for a stud WR in round 1 and GB has ignored him.

I can see GB front office doing this. The way AR talked about the new FO sounds like they are morons and would do this just to burn AR a little more. The GM for GB will be fired in a year or 2 when Love tanks so it does not matter anyways, 

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

GB must be getting desperate, keep leaking new stories like another team is in this. We all know that isn't the case. 

I still think GB is hoping to do what ever to get as much as possible. If that means making the Jets look bad so be it, The rumor that the Jets are holding out for insurance that AR plays 2 years is BS. I still think GB is going to end with a pick swap of 13 and 15 or a second rond pick this year and that is it. They are waiting so the draft can some what cover the not so great return GB is getting on AR. They either take this or cut him June 1. I almost bet Rodgers told the Jets to sit tight and make the picks becasue he told them he will be a Jet for at least 2 years. From AR interview he sounded kind of pissed at the FO of the GB packers. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still think GB is hoping to do what ever to get as much as possible. If that means making the Jets look bad so be it, The rumor that the Jets are holding out for insurance that AR plays 2 years is BS. I still think GB is going to end with a pick swap of 13 and 15 or a second rond pick this year and that is it. They are waiting so the draft can some what cover the not so great return GB is getting on AR. They either take this or cut him June 1. I almost bet Rodgers told the Jets to sit tight and make the picks becasue he told them he will be a Jet for at least 2 years. From AR interview he sounded kind of pissed at the FO of the GB packers. 

Sounds like a Jets' fan wet dream.