QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

We really should have cut off these GB fans who made over a hundred posts on our site.   We don't care if a outside member makes a few posts on our site, but these clowns we way over the top.

Our site?  It's Webby's site.

4 hours ago, xrade said:

4.  Jets go back to GB and now want "protection" over a one and done thing to which GB is balking at.

Does this sound about right?  If so, I question the Jets thinking.  Everyone and their brother knew Rodgers may be a one and done deal PRIOR to his meeting with the Jets.  The "protection" should have part of the initial talks with GB.  Had they been, and GB balked at such a deal,  we may have pivoted to either Carr or Jimmy G. OR if GB acquiesced, Rodgers would be a Jet by now.

The most recent report was that Green Bay was willing to include the 2025 pick IF Rodgers retired.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

GB likes to play innocent here like we changed things.

Charles Robinson's report DIRECTLY contradicts what you are saying.  Unless you have reason to believe his report is patently false, you have yet to share that.  Why do you believe (with evidence) that it was Green Bay, not New York that changed their trade offer?  I mean, I get Woody Johnson's reluctance to give up a FRP for Aaron Rodgers if you truly believe he was a one-and-done QB.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Or we wait post draft have picks 13, 42 and 43 to get 3 nice pieces and no have future picks as the trade offer for AR. He wants to come here likely even more post draft and the time for TC and all starts ticking away for GB.

I'm willing to tank the Jets' season if we miss the 2023 draft picks being included, are you?

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Word is Rodgers is telling Jets to stick it out until after the draft, get players now and wait because he wouldn't be with the team until later on anyways. 

You must really not know Aaron Rodgers very well.  He doesn't like rookies.  If it was up to Rodgers, he'd trade those picks for veteran players in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Jets could use him but do not have to HAVE him.

Except they do.  You really think Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are going to last another year if they suck again?  Especially if they're nowhere close to being able to draft Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I can say I want 1.1mill for my house and say I'm not budging on that. But my house is only worth 750k. If my only offer is 750k my value of my house isn't what I say it is at 1.1mill. It's what the highest offer is and what comps are in the area.

GB set a ridiculous asking price and on top of that set the value to what guys 5 years younger and such got in return. That's there fault. Not ours. And their penalty will likely be there FO jobs, bc they'll have to accept our offer that they'll be pissed at and Love wont work out. So they all get fired and become a bottom franchise. Which they're not used to, so they'll riot. 

If the rest of the houses around your house are worth 100k, and the family looking to move into that neighborhood don't want to live in a shed they have meet the asking price.  LIS, this whole discussion goes around in circles because you believe that the Jets have other options besides Rodgers.  Joe Douglas already confirmed they're not pivoting, and the QB market hasn't shown any true movement.  The Packers need to unload Rodgers.  The Jets need Aaron Rodgers.  All this talk about pivoting is a farce.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Doesn’t matter leverage or desperation I think 2024 1st is very fair. I think attaching a conditional pick if he retires is more fair. If GB won’t do that then a conditional 2nd in 2024 that can turn into a 1st is solid. Flip 13/15 if we need too. Plenty of options. 

Let me ask you this.  Objectively speaking, what's more valuable: a '23 SRP (42 or 43) plus a '24 SRP or a '24 FRP?

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If this trade happens are all you Packers fans going to be in here all season? I been posting here since 05 and have never seen fans from other teams so obsessed with our board. Y'all okay?

Obsessed?  No.  Invested interest?  Absolutely.  Are you going to talk Arizona Cardinals' fans right now?  Absolutely not.  But if there was a legitimate rumor of Garrett Wilson going to the Arizona Cardinals for the #3 pick, would you?  Absolutely (if there were Cardinals' fans on FF).

I don't believe the GB reporters report. I think it once again is them trying to have another poor leak to try and make themselves look like the good guys. When it's really just GB fans buying that. Rest of the football world really isn't.

Great point was brought up on McAfee today. Why if there was a trade agreed to before we went out to visit AR and he made his decision after that... was he not traded for that package before the McAfee show? Bc according to this GB reporter (let's not forget that this is a GB reporter saying this). A trade was agreed to and then they just sat on that for quite some time and NYJ changed there stance after AR saying he was 90% retired on McAfee. That doesn't add up. So there was a trade agreed for AR to visit, he says he wants to be a Jet and yet they do nothing with that and let him make it public a bit later and then the trade changes bc the Jets moved the line.

Why wouldn't a trade have been completed immediately or very shortly after his visit with us? Makes no sense.

To further prove why I think this report is BS.

Same BS as SF and NE might be interested.

Side nots is was 8 full days between when AR met with our people and he went on McAfee. So for 8 days no deal was made that was already agreed to?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let me ask you this.  Objectively speaking, what's more valuable: a '23 SRP (42 or 43) plus a '24 SRP or a '24 FRP?

For me that is an easy answer...give up the 24 first. Heck, give up a second draft pick down the road too if you must.

I think keeping the picks this year is huge. I may not have said that if we had gotten more players in free agency. 

I know that there will be a massive second wave of free agency after the draft, with loads more players entering the market. Still, it is not an ideal situation to be going into the draft without a starting center, without a starting defensive tackle opposite Quinnen Williams, without a third starting linebacker, without a legitimate starting free safety and without a fourth offensive tackle. 

So for me, I am keeping all of what I have for 2023 and trading down in round 1 to add another pick for the third round, which we lost in the Moore trade. Pay the draft picks forward. 

We have never been in this situation, and we may never be in this situation again. 

Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Obsessed?  No.  Invested interest?  Absolutely.  Are you going to talk Arizona Cardinals' fans right now?  Absolutely not.  But if there was a legitimate rumor of Garrett Wilson going to the Arizona Cardinals for the #3 pick, would you?  Absolutely (if there were Cardinals' fans on FF).

Dude. You're forum has a 615 page thread on Rodgers - how many of that is Jet fans chirping in? I think it's pretty clear we don't care about going into other team forums to discuss Jets' topics.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except they do.  You really think Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are going to last another year if they suck again?  Especially if they're nowhere close to being able to draft Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

In what world do the Jets not get AR, perform so terribly that JD and Saleh are fired, and we aren't in contention for a top QB? Either we get AR and go for a chip, or we don't and we are staring at #1 overall in 2024. In the scenario we don't get AR, then it's likely the report about Woody getting cold feet is true and there's not going to a way for him to hang that on JD/Saleh.

For now, I'm not believing the media, something you'd understand if you dealt with NYC media on a daily basis.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The most recent report was that Green Bay was willing to include the 2025 pick IF Rodgers retired.

I don’t read reports. They are as accurate as we are debating this topic. Why bother.

But the absurdity of the situation is what I am questioning. Bobby may be right that it was a very loosely devised framework between the Jets and GB. Maybe something along the lines of “hey GB we’ll trade a draft pick if you allow us to talk to Aaron”.  Gute’s response “OK”. Is that really how it happened?  I find that a bit difficult to believe.

There had to be more. The fact that here we are 6 weeks later smacks of one party significantly changing the deal.

The third option is that the deal has been in place but it depends on how the draft board falls before they announce it. Something along the lines of a player at 13 GB wants then they swap FRP’s and more. If there is no one GB wants at 13, then it is another deal.

• Like 1