QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He posts on JetsNation as football_guy. Still the same cocky attitude.

FF forum has changed over the years. Lots of trolls from other teams. I don’t post here as much because of it. Everyone thinks they’re experts.

The Jets sub forum is cool.  I also like the news sub forum.

Hahaha!!! I thought that was him.

Is he actually any kind of insider. Or does he just act like he knows what's going on bc of his same attitude? Or is it just guesses like the rest of us?

Bc the board over there seems to think what he says goes. Like he works for the Jets FO or something. I think when he got kicked out of here he was a lawyer. So not sure how that transfers over to Jets FO.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hahaha!!! I thought that was him.

Is he actually any kind of insider. Or does he just act like he knows what's going on bc of his same attitude? Or is it just guesses like the rest of us?

Bc the board over there seems to think what he says goes. Like he works for the Jets FO or something. I think when he got kicked out of here he was a lawyer. So not sure how that transfers over to Jets FO.

It got a bit testy during last offseason. An, in true JK fashion, he decided to have one of the mods vet his sources. It was through private message. But the mod came back and said he checks out. I’d guess he is telling the truth about his cousin being an agent. So, it’s a little bit of sources plus him trying to connect the dots with his opinion.

There’s another poster there that also has validated sources. The both of them seem to usually be on the same page with rumors.

In the case of Rodgers, both are saying a 2nd, a player, and a conditional pick.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Lazard working out on the field with Rodgers today!!!

Oh no. I guess we’re trading Lazard to SF or NE now 😉 

I have a strong feeling that there's already an agreement and GB is just waiting until draft day to see how the cards fall and will take the choice of whatever JD is offering like:

• A player GB loves falls to the second and Jets are OTC - OK, execute trade for Rodgers for that pick now + whatever additional were agreed on for this scenario.
  • Jets move down, get an additional 2024 pick - GB has all the picks they wanted now and Jets didn't lose additional picks, trade goes through
  • Draft day ends with no change, GB executes the  post-draft agreed upon deal.

Its the whole hush hush and slowness of it all that has me thinking this is a done deal, but Jets are letting GB get the best deal they can without overpaying.

10 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I like the Tim Boyle signing. It may seem like nothing, but from my perspective it is a nice move. Boyle knows the system, which is an obvious plus. He also knows and has been around Aaron Rodgers, which is also a nice plus. He is also not the kind of QB that a diva like Rodgers would find "threatening". Good. Lastly, he could probably beat out Zach Wilson in the unfortunate event of the latter remaining on the roster. 

He's a high-end QB3 without any real upside.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's a high-end QB3 without any real upside.

I don’t mind it for us. Our likely 3rd guy was pretty much a RB that can’t throw. So this is an upgrade for us. And for a developmental standpoint if we get AR. To have 2 guys that know the system to help Wilson let an it easier and he’ll develop him. Can only help. As a 3rd QB we just upgraded but with no only from a skill set standpoint. But as a locker room guy.

14 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

If the Jets end up dealing both 2nd round picks, and maybe a pick next year, they basically give up their day 2 draft, Moore, and possibly another player for Rogers. That's a lot to give up.

There is zero chance the Jets are giving them 42 and 43

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

There is zero chance the Jets are giving them 42 and 43

I agree. But they very well might “think about it” but not with giving more. They could give up 42 and 43 and that’s it. Nothing next year.

42 and 43 equal to the 17th overall pick this year. Where let’s say we trade 43 and a 1st next year… that value is around the 15th pick. So very similar values. One just has it over and done in 1 year. The other just has some stipulations. I guess that 2024 pick could stay a 2nd and then the value is less that way. But don’t we actually want that pick to be a 1st if it’s let’s say it’s a 1st if we go to the SB? That means we had a great 2023.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But they very well might “think about it” but not with giving more. They could give up 42 and 43 and that’s it. Nothing next year.

42 and 43 equal to the 17th overall pick this year. Where let’s say we trade 43 and a 1st next year… that value is around the 15th pick. So very similar values. One just has it over and done in 1 year. The other just has some stipulations. I guess that 2024 pick could stay a 2nd and then the value is less that way. But don’t we actually want that pick to be a 1st if it’s let’s say it’s a 1st if we go to the SB? That means we had a great 2023.

If the Jets really like the day 2 options in the draft, they can trade 13th and pick up the Packers 2nd round pick and Rogers. Then package those to get back into the first round if need be. Essentially move a few spots back in the first, having given up a third and Moore for Rogers. 

Edited by WheatieMan