QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Mahomes was flying up the boards that year. As a matter of fact it is almost like Anthony Richardson this year. He was projected to be a late first ealry second and shot up to the middle to upper of the draft. 

The Ravens did great with the backups they had. Heck they even made the playoffs without Lamar most of the season. They even where using the #3 QB to win too. The key for the Ravens is finding a trade partner. Heck maybe a team gives the Ravens more than 2 first round picks. 

You may as well offer Lamar a contract first. If the Ravens match, more power to them. If they get additional picks in a trade, it's because they likely wouldn't match what the other team would offer Lamar, or there is some implicit agreement that they would not match.

If the Jets can create the cap room, you can offer Lamar something the Ravens are unlikely to match, trade back to a QB hungry team, and then offload this year's and next year's which would both be projected 20-32 assuming Lamar is healthy this year.

Otherwise, you wait until after the draft and off load 24' and 25' first rounders.

Edited by WheatieMan

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Take me for example I said in our 1st post back and forth today that the report of Love wanting a trade ASAP or he wants a trade is BS. I didn't care to post it on here bc I know it's BS.

It's BS because Jordan Love has no leverage.  He's making peanuts this year.  Jordan Love has no leverage to demand a trade, and there's no reason to demand a trade because he knows he's QB1 for the Packers next year.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yet your board has been eating up the fake rumor from yesterday and that's legit info. Enough to where you're say you think other teams have kicked the tires on this.

No.  I think your ASSUMPTION that the Jets are the only suitors, and anything that suggests otherwise is BS.  It's based on your assumption that there aren't any other teams interested.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yet I post 2 reports of rumors about Stafford and Cousins and those are BS to you. Why? Bc that doesn't fit your narrative of that the Jets have other options besides AR potentially. But other teams being in on Rodgers does fit your narrative, so we can entertain those BS rumors.

No.  My issue with the Stafford/Cousins' rumors is they're both Mike Florio-based rumors.  This isn't Rappaport, Schefter, or someone else who regularly breaks news.  It's a guy who runs the NFL version of TMZ.  I mean, if you want to cite that go right ahead.  I'll use that fact and some common sense to come to an opinion.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I assume your board has posted that BS rumor about Love today? Oh wait no they haven't. They're still talking about SF and NE right? Bc the Love rumor doesn't fit your side.

No.  Because the Jordan Love rumor doesn't pass common sense.  As I've mentioned, Jordan Love doesn't have the leverage to force the issue.  He's getting paid peanuts, and he's set to be QB1 for Green Bay in 2023.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's BS because Jordan Love has no leverage.  He's making peanuts this year.  Jordan Love has no leverage to demand a trade, and there's no reason to demand a trade because he knows he's QB1 for the Packers next year.

No.  I think your ASSUMPTION that the Jets are the only suitors, and anything that suggests otherwise is BS.  It's based on your assumption that there aren't any other teams interested.

No.  My issue with the Stafford/Cousins' rumors is they're both Mike Florio-based rumors.  This isn't Rappaport, Schefter, or someone else who regularly breaks news.  It's a guy who runs the NFL version of TMZ.  I mean, if you want to cite that go right ahead.  I'll use that fact and some common sense to come to an opinion.

No.  Because the Jordan Love rumor doesn't pass common sense.  As I've mentioned, Jordan Love doesn't have the leverage to force the issue.  He's getting paid peanuts, and he's set to be QB1 for Green Bay in 2023.

So once again… The not credible source of SF and NE being involved is true. Yet the not credible Love rumor isn’t true.

Gotcha! Makes tons of sense! 🙄 

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He must be finding the way to make money by melodramatically participating this forum.   Show us how. lol

He has already made 214 posts on this subject. Yesterday was the first time in months it got above freezing, in GB so what else can you do in Green Bay but make cheese and useless. posts.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

He has already made 214 posts on this subject. Yesterday was the first time in months it got above freezing, in GB so what else can you do in Green Bay but make cheese and useless. posts.

Wisconsin is managing to make Swiss cheese flawlessly.   All talks went thru sieve. lol.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Actually told webmaster I’m done being a mod. FYI I don’t get paid to be a mod here. I’m sure others do though like @CWood21

Oh I am well aware of that.  I meant to refer to some program that allows you to earn $$ while surfing on the internet. I playfully suspected you of having a sort of program in this forum.

As for a moderator, I don't think Jets forum needs new one as it has been soft since J-kid's meltdown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Oh I am well aware of that.  I meant to refer to some program that allows you to earn $$ while surfing on the internet. I playfully suspected you of having a sort of program in this forum.

As for a moderator, I don't think Jets forum needs new one as it has been soft since J-kid's meltdown. 

Ya my work here is as easy as it gets. It's maybe having to merge or delete a new topic that we already have or something like that. Maybe here or there have to tell someone to chill out or something if they start making something personal.

Site for forever never had ads, so I assume no one was getting paid really besides a few who created all this. But once ads started coming in like a year or so ago... I assume there's more than just a couple who get paid now. So some people are getting paid for others doing the work for them.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya my work here is as easy as it gets. It's maybe having to merge or delete a new topic that we already have or something like that. Maybe here or there have to tell someone to chill out or something if they start making something personal.

Site for forever never had ads, so I assume no one was getting paid really besides a few who created all this. But once ads started coming in like a year or so ago... I assume there's more than just a couple who get paid now. So some people are getting paid for others doing the work for them.

Interesting.   I never have a single Ads popping up on this site.  I think ads may cover upgrading the system's price.  What do we know? lol