QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Months?  It's been a few weeks since Aaron said he intends to play for the Jets.

It has been two months since we have been screwing around with this mess, we, all know Rodgers was being traded to the Jets. This was no surprise, So what is this 3 week BS

20 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Now that we have been waiting for months to wrap up the Rodgers deal. I can now wait for draft  day in thee weeks. We are sitting with the 13 overall pick in the draft plus the 42 and 43 pick in the second round. Let GB sweat this out because the Rodgers deal is running out of time for them let's see who blinks first, he sure is not going be Douglas.

I heard a rumor the 49ers have a potential trade partner for Lance. It could be one of a few teams. Could be they are going to turn that draft capital, plus into Aaron Rodgers before the draft or on draft day.  

If that happens, it's a darn good thing Douglas didn't 'blink first!' 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Did I say he was?

You said you believe that SF and NE have checked in on him and I've been to your board and most your fans are talking like it was Scheffter who reported it. Like there's something to it. Not just a felon who knows nothing just making up stuff. Same likely as the guy who made up the thing about Love. Except Jets fans aren't dumb enough to believe it bc we know it's BS. Hence why I didn't even put the link on our page (besides me being done as a MOD).

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you really believe that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have a job next year if they post a losing record and bungle the Rodgers' trade?

Okay, fair. But again, they'd be acquiring Stafford this year if things fall through. There may be some other under the radar guys they'd consider, but it would be Stafford or Lamar. I don't think the Packers staff is safe either if Love bombs so they are both taking huge risks.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And the reports of SF and NE are false. This is the narrative that’s becoming funny. So the guy who said the rumors about Love is false yet the one yesterday from not a credible source AT ALL, could just be them checking in . See how that narrative changed for you as a GB fan?

It's interesting.  The narrative seems to fit Jets fans that the Jets are the ONLY team that has interest in Aaron Rodgers.  For the record, I don't think that Carton is a reliable source, but I also think it's likely that other teams have checked in on Rodgers at some point, and it's very possible that those discussions didn't go very far because the Packers are trying to do right by Rodgers. 

4 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Okay, fair. But again, they'd be acquiring Stafford this year if things fall through. There may be some other under the radar guys they'd consider, but it would be Stafford or Lamar. I don't think the Packers staff is safe either if Love bombs so they are both taking huge risks.

Your fighting a losing battle. GB fans seem to think if we pass on AR we're starting Zach Wilson. Like we cant call 30 other teams seeing price for a trade. Other FAs aren't available and there's not a draft.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You said you believe that SF and NE have checked in on him and I've been to your board and most your fans are talking like it was Scheffter who reported it. Like there's something to it. Not just a felon who knows nothing just making up stuff. Same likely as the guy who made up the thing about Love. Except Jets fans aren't dumb enough to believe it bc we know it's BS. Hence why I didn't even put the link on our page (besides me being done as a MOD).

Ironically speaking, most Packers' fans have a distaste for Schefter when it comes to Green Bay-based news.  Probably has to do with the timing of the "Rodgers will never play for Green Bay ever again" that came out right before the draft a couple of years ago.  Honestly, I don't think it's an insane concept to believe that other teams have at some point or another checked in on Rodgers.  Do I think those discussions went very far?  Probably not.  I think Green Bay has had a "No NFC teams" mandate, so a team like San Francisco wasn't even negotiated with.  And LIS, I think Green Bay wants to do right by Aaron Rodgers and send him to his preferred destination.

And the reason why the Jordan Love thing isn't real is because it doesn't pass the common sense test.  Why would Jordan Love need to know he's their starting QB when the entire NFL world knows that they're not going back to Aaron Rodgers? 

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, you're expecting a guy who has been routinely mocked inside the top 10 to fall to 13, and the Ravens are going to mortgage their future for that QB?  Pipe dream.

You do know that QB's drop all the time in the draft right. Richardon being there at 13 can happen. Just because this trade would kill your AR trade and your team would be in for a very long 2-3 years with cap "hell". 

Ravens would not MORGAGE their future either. They would be getting 2 first round picks for Lamar. Lamar will come down on his demands. Once he does that they will move him. They get Anthony Richardson who is like Lamar so the O can stay the same. These are moves that JD makes. Like I said before he does not sit out high rounds and always find ways to avoid this. 

Your still living the pipe dream that AR is going to get you a first next year plus a first round pick swap is a joke to me. The Jets are not swaping first round picks with GB. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Ironically speaking, most Packers' fans have a distaste for Schefter when it comes to Green Bay-based news.  Probably has to do with the timing of the "Rodgers will never play for Green Bay ever again" that came out right before the draft a couple of years ago.  Honestly, I don't think it's an insane concept to believe that other teams have at some point or another checked in on Rodgers.  Do I think those discussions went very far?  Probably not.  I think Green Bay has had a "No NFC teams" mandate, so a team like San Francisco wasn't even negotiated with.  And LIS, I think Green Bay wants to do right by Aaron Rodgers and send him to his preferred destination.

And the reason why the Jordan Love thing isn't real is because it doesn't pass the common sense test.  Why would Jordan Love need to know he's their starting QB when the entire NFL world knows that they're not going back to Aaron Rodgers? 

It's painting pictures to whatever narrative fits the bill.

The whole world knows Love is the starter. But facts are that AR is still a Packer. So it reality it's a hope he's gone and it's not a QB decision of Love or AR. Unlikely. But that is what's the roster right now.

And to paint the narrative as Jets fans is that GB fans constantly say well go ahead and walk away and roll out Zach Wilson again. As if we wouldn't explore tons of other options after walking away from AR.

Point being... it's hilarious to see the Carton report has legs to "most" GB fans. But Love wanting AR out ASAP or he wants a trade is BS. AR returning or you guys will get a haul for him will happen. But if we walk away from this AR trade we're starting Zach Wilson in 2023. Fan base seems to think there's no middle ground. Any reports that go in your direction is possibly true. When it's bad it's false.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, you're expecting a guy who has been routinely mocked inside the top 10 to fall to 13, and the Ravens are going to mortgage their future for that QB?  Pipe dream.

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said there's a "possibility" the team will take a quarterback in the first round of the 2023 draft. 

DeCosta said it "depends on the board," adding that the Ravens have quarterbacks ranked among their top-31 players. Baltimore has the 22nd pick in the first round. DeCosta held a Wednesday press conference and refused to talk about Lamar Jackson's contract situation, one of the biggest stories in the professional sports world. Instead DeCosta talked mostly about the upcoming NFL Draft. With no movement on Jackson's long-term prospects in Baltimore, the Ravens could take Jackson's eventual replacement. Hendon Hooker, a mobile quarterback coming off an ACL tear, could be on the board when the Ravens pick in the first round. Hooker recently met with the Titans, Commanders, and Saints. 

Thought you would like this for a read too. Lamar is going to be moved and the Ravens will move up for a QB. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You do know that QB's drop all the time in the draft right. Richardon being there at 13 can happen. Just because this trade would kill your AR trade and your team would be in for a very long 2-3 years with cap "hell". 

Ravens would not MORGAGE their future either. They would be getting 2 first round picks for Lamar. Lamar will come down on his demands. Once he does that they will move him. They get Anthony Richardson who is like Lamar so the O can stay the same. These are moves that JD makes. Like I said before he does not sit out high rounds and always find ways to avoid this. 

Your still living the pipe dream that AR is going to get you a first next year plus a first round pick swap is a joke to me. The Jets are not swaping first round picks with GB. 

You think they'd know this being Rodgers fell to them. But they're done with him now. So easy to forget that.

Love is the next Hurts now.