QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

I see too many Packer fans saying that Jermaine Johnson has to be in the trade, idk why we would trade him. 

I just want this to be over with so we can stop with these nonsense trade proposals or fake leverage ideas. Packers probably get a 2023 2nd and a conditional pick, that is it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I see too many Packer fans saying that Jermaine Johnson has to be in the trade, idk why we would trade him. 

I just want this to be over with so we can stop with these nonsense trade proposals or fake leverage ideas. Packers probably get a 2023 2nd and a conditional pick, that is it. 

The GB fans want value on MVP Rodgers years ago not the broken down 39 year old who may only play for 1 year. 

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I'm not sure citing some random Packer twitter accounts is really a good idea of what is expected.

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

The GB fans want value on MVP Rodgers years ago not the broken down 39 year old who may only play for 1 year. 

Legitimately asking, if you TRULY believe that Rodgers is broken down and only going to play for 1 year, why would the Jets be trying to acquire him?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, if you TRULY believe that Rodgers is broken down and only going to play for 1 year, why would the Jets be trying to acquire him?

Woody Johnson. 

I wouldn’t say he’s broken down but there is a high risk factor with age, especially how long he’ll keep playing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Several factors, 

1. The Jets are in a win now with no QB and they are not going for a rookie or average vet guy. Going to have to start paying those great young guys they have very soon. 

2. The Jets looked really hard at Carr (who I wanted) and missed on him.

3. Rodgers has shown in the past he can win it all and no QB on the market has won a super bowl. 

4. Woody wants money and Rodgers will sell a lot of tickets and merch.

5. Rodgers is not going to cost a first round pick. 

6. Zach Wilson can learn from his hero Rodgers and be the starter in a year or 2. (I hate this idea. Wilson is not a starting QB)

This is a few that I know of. 

The biggest lie…the Jets are in win now mode. 

The only mode the Jets are in is a “find a QB mode.” We have one stellar draft getting us out of the cellar of the league and now everyone thinks we are a QB away from a Super Bowl. 

I’m fine going after Rodgers, hopefully it elevates the skill positions and we make a playoff run for experience, but we’re ****ed after him. Still think the best play was Carr and a developmental QB but I understand Saleh and JD feeling the pressure. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The only mode the Jets are in is a “find a QB mode.” We have one stellar draft getting us out of the cellar of the league and now everyone thinks we are a QB away from a Super Bowl. 

I’m fine going after Rodgers, hopefully it elevates the skill positions and we make a playoff run for experience, but we’re ****ed after him. Still think the best play was Carr and a developmental QB but I understand Saleh and JD feeling the pressure. 

Agree with all this except the JD and Saleh feeling pressure. This whole thing stinks of Woody’s interference.  I really believe that if Woody just let JD do his job, we may have had Carr or Jimmy G. JD knows Rodgers is going to do more harm than good because, like you, I do not believe we win the SB just because he is under center. Maybe if he was going to be here for more than a year or two and he suffered no great decline while playing in his 40’s we win a championship. The most likely outcome is we make the playoffs probably as a WC, he retires after the season and the Jets are in cap hell. We have seen this movie under Tanny. There is no happy ending. 

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Like it or not once you get AR you are one of the teams people think will be near or going to the Super Bowl. The Jets D is nasty and I think the jets have the best D in the league coming into 2023 season. If your coming in with the best D in the league that also puts you in te talks. 

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We've seen the Rams/Bucs both make major leaps and win the Super Bowl after adding a veteran QB upgrade. We've also seen young teams like the Eagles and Bengals make huge leaps from one year to the next and make the Super Bowl.

You guys already have a top 5 defense that should be better next year. If they land Rodgers and the OL stays healthy the Jets can certainly be in the Super Bowl picture. 

• Like 1