QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unfortunately since 2014 the guy you're about to acquire has come up small in the NFCCG. Hard to admit cause I loved watching him, but Rodgers has 2-3 SBs if Rodgers plays as well in the NFCCG as well as he does in the divisional round.

Was it him or was it the team around him??? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Personally I think the condition should also be that of Rodgers retires because the Jets win the SB next year, that conditional pick is also waived.

If we win the SB I don’t think we really care what you guys get after that. 😉 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

You should not be proud of that. You had AR and come away with 1 Super Bowl and you happy about that. You do know who the Jets have had as QB in the last 15 years right. Having AR should put GB in the playoffs every year but yet they missed the playoffs last year. So ya your GM has thrown the golden goose away (AR) with 1 ring. Ya your GM's are great. Just wait if Love fails you will know what it is like to try to win without a QB. I remember the days when you guys had magic man Don as QB and how bad you guys where. You have had a franchise QB for almost 30 years. That is VERY rare to find. You have to go back to the days of Montana and Young to find such a good run of QB's in a row for a team. 

So for the Packers FO, it's a blemish that they drafted a HOF QB(which everyone criticized at the time cause we had Favre)

Yet the Jets have whiffed on how many QBs taken with a top 5 draft pick? Mark Sanchez? Darnold? Zach Wilson? 

But hey congrats on ripping the Seahawks off in a trade I guess if you guys wanna clutch onto that with your what, 20-46 record under JD? 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unfortunately since 2014 the guy you're about to acquire has come up small in the NFCCG. Hard to admit cause I loved watching him, but Rodgers has 2-3 SBs if Rodgers plays as well in the NFCCG as well as he does in the divisional round.

Is he really to blame for that?

2016 ATL scored 44 points on you. Sounds like a GM that didn’t have the best defense.

2019 SEA scored 37 points on you. Same thing.

2020 TB scored 31 on you. Same thing.

Sounds like defense is why you guys got eliminated. Not Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

So for the Packers FO, it's a blemish that they drafted a HOF QB(which everyone criticized at the time cause we had Favre)

Yet the Jets have whiffed on how many QBs taken with a top 5 draft pick? Mark Sanchez? Darnold? Zach Wilson? 

But hey congrats on ripping the Seahawks off in a trade I guess if you guys wanna clutch onto that with your what, 20-46 record under JD? 

JD isn’t swinging and missing. He’s 0/1 and quite frankly Wilson’s story isn’t over. So we can’t even call it 0/1 yet. JD shouldn’t get penalized as a GM bc past GMs missed on QBs.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

2016 ATL scored 44 points on you. Sounds like a GM that didn’t have the best defense.

Sounds like you're a Jets fan who didn't watch those games. They're burned in my memory forever, please stop trying to tell me what cost us those games...

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Sounds like you're a Jets fan who didn't watch those games. They're burned in my memory forever, please stop trying to tell me what cost us those games...

Anytime a team gives up over 30 it’s very hard to win the game. Jets fans know this better than anyone. We lost 3 games last year holding teams to no TDs.

Douglas’ first two drafts were abysmal, his third looks exceptional (discrediting him because of capital, which he acquired, is laughable). He’s been streaky with FAs, but overall solid and smart contractually. Trades have been exceptional.

He’s not Ozzie but I think it’s safe to say we have a reason to believe the team is in good hands. 

Here’s a good question — since Douglas took over, is there a single roster that has improved more, or added a more promising young core? Bengals because of Borrow, and..?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The knock on JD is all of his high picks have bad attitudes. Minus Breece, AVT and JJ. 

Some bad luck in that. Becton has been injured and just been defensive about criticism. Sauce is just outgoing. Wilson wants to win bc that’s all he knows really. Mims felt misuse as did Moore.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Some bad luck in that. Becton has been injured and just been defensive about criticism. Sauce is just outgoing. Wilson wants to win bc that’s all he knows really. Mims felt misuse as did Moore.

Whoops forgot about Sauce.  Becton has shown issues, Mims had to have had a problem, Wilson was entitled, GWilson is fine he earned it lol, Moore had problems.  I guess it's 50/50 but the reason why these guys aren't succeeding isn't talent, it's attitude.

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Whoops forgot about Sauce.  Becton has shown issues, Mims had to have had a problem, Wilson was entitled, GWilson is fine he earned it lol, Moore had problems.  I guess it's 50/50 but the reason why these guys aren't succeeding isn't talent, it's attitude.

And situation

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The defense didn’t do him any favors. In the Seattle game we could’ve put the game away early had we put the ball in the end zone instead of FGs early. Hardly Aaron’s fault.

Tampa I believe he had 3 opportunities  to score and came up short. 

Rodgers being labeled as a playoff choker is recency bias and not liking the guy.  He hasn’t been the reason why they lost, but he wasn’t the MVP when we needed the MVP.