QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

45 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't care where the Jets end up. The bottom line is they have one of the best GM's in the league and has proven it the last 2 years. You have had some great QB's come from the middle of the first round too. Heck you even had Purdy do really well too. I don't think you need the top 2 or 3 picks to get a great QB. 

What exactly has Joe Douglas proven?  That he can he hit when he's got an insane amount of draft capital.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont want any conditionals based on how well you guys do. Thats should be on you....and I can tell you already you're not winning the SB this year or next. 

The Jets seem reluctant to live with their decisions. Must be crappy at crap.....would never roll the dice.

Not sure what Love has to do with this.....but we'll be fine with him......or transition to someone else in time. Happens all the time and I trust my FO to get it right.

Hahaha!!! Now you can see the future?

Gets more hilarious each day with you guys.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly has Joe Douglas proven?  That he can he hit when he's got an insane amount of draft capital.

This ^

The true test - and we're not sure the Jets will ever experience this - is when they actually put a few good seasons together and continually draft at the bottom of every round. Lets see how their talent evaluators perform then.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He’s built a roster nearly from the ground up that can win if we can get a QB. Yes he missed on Wilson. And he’s trying another route now. But in that mean time via draft and FA he’s built a roster of 52 other players that can win.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Hahaha!!! Now you can see the future?

Gets more hilarious each day with you guys.

You've not been to a SB in over 50 years.  Remember Joe Willie wagging his finger? That's a long *** time ago. It's an easy over bet that you're not doing it anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

The true test - and we're not sure the Jets will ever experience this - is when they actually put a few good seasons together and continually draft at the bottom of every round. Lets see how their talent evaluators perform then.

And what has Gute done? You’ve guys got lucky with 2 HOF QBs saving every FO person their job for 30 years. You won a SB like 13 years ago when you’ve had arguably the best player under C for 15 years. That quite frankly is a failure in itself. That’s why it’s going to be that much better to see you guys suck post AR.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You've not been to a SB in over 50 years.  Remember Joe Willie wagging his finger? That's a long *** time ago. It's an easy over bet that you're not doing it anytime soon.

And you guys haven’t won one within a decade. You sound like a cowboys fan now

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't care where the Jets end up. The bottom line is they have one of the best GM's in the league and has proven it the last 2 years. You have had some great QB's come from the middle of the first round too. Heck you even had Purdy do really well too. I don't think you need the top 2 or 3 picks to get a great QB. 

You have one of the best GMs in the league because you have been able to draft in the top 5 to 10 almost every year with the 1 year not drafting in the top 10 having the lowly 11th pick. Also how are you judging a GM? His record as the GM sure is great considering the amount of high draft capital he has had: 

7-9

2-14

4-13

7-10 

Best GM in the league has 20 - 46 record. WOW what an accomplishment! By comparison the much maligned and terrible Bears are 25 - 41. The awful Texans have one more win then the Jets in that time period. 

• Like 1

GB has had arguably the best QB in the NFL for 30 years straight and have only 2 SBs. That quite frankly is incredibly disappointing. Shows how bad the GO has been at building a roster when you have that QB play and win once every 15 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

You have one of the best GMs in the league because you have been able to draft in the top 5 to 10 almost every year with the 1 year not drafting in the top 10 having the lowly 11th pick. Also how are you judging a GM? His record as the GM sure is great considering the amount of high draft capital he has had: 

7-9

2-14

4-13

7-10 

Best GM in the league has 20 - 46 record. WOW what an accomplishment! By comparison the much maligned and terrible Bears are 25 - 41. The awful Texans have one more win then the Jets in that time period. 

Truth ^

5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

7-9

2-14

4-13

7-10 

You guys have had the best QB play in the NFL for 30 years and have only managed to win a SB every 15 years with that. Shows how bad yoir FO is at building the roster.

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont want any conditionals based on how well you guys do. Thats should be on you....and I can tell you already you're not winning the SB this year or next. 

The Jets seem reluctant to live with their decisions. Must be crappy at crap.....would never roll the dice.

Not sure what Love has to do with this.....but we'll be fine with him......or transition to someone else in time. Happens all the time and I trust my FO to get it right.

Your FO is going to add conditions to the pick for our benefit, not theirs. They aren't parting with a 2024 1st straight up. You add the conditions of them performing well to get better compensation.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You guys have had the best QB play in the NFL for 30 years and have only managed to win a SB every 15 years with that. Shows how bad yoir FO is at building the roster.

I know our fanbase isn't helping, but this is a really dumb opinion to have, sorry. Once you have an actual franchise QB and realize what it does to your cap and the team you can build, you'll get it.