QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Finding it hilarious seeing GB just pick the parts that fit their narrative with Woodys comments yesterday. Watching their board is like watching the news from just a republican or democratic news show.

They only like to focus that Woody said he isn’t patient. Completely leaving out that there’s no deadline or hurry with us. That we’re calm and happy where things are and that nothing will be rushed.

Convenient how GB fans leave that out.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Finding it hilarious seeing GB just pick the parts that fit their narrative with Woodys comments yesterday. Watching their board is like watching the news from just a republican or democratic news show.

They only like to focus that Woody said he isn’t patient. Completely leaving out that there’s no deadline or hurry with us. That we’re calm and happy where things are and that nothing will be rushed.

Convenient how GB fans leave that out.

They still think a first round pick is going to GB for them. i only go by GM/HC says. I'm not getting involved in the reports anymore. They are all BS. 

I would just rather grab a vet QB and keep rolling with build throught the draft. 

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We're well past that point if you believe the rumors.  The latest iteration of rumors was a SRP plus a conditional SRP that has a reasonable chance of conveying as a FRP.  The inclusion of a '25 conditional pick isn't going to drop that future pick a WHOLE round when that substantially alters the trade package.

That Yahoo report? Probably about as credible as what Schefter reports on this trade 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That Yahoo report? Probably about as credible as what Schefter reports on this trade 

Ustadium had the report this morning that the trade that’s close is 2nd this year, 2nd next year (no conditions) and a Corey Davis to GB for AR and GB sends a 3rd to us if he retires after 2023

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

We are on page 165 of this endless BS. What is the worst thing that could happen the Rodgers deal fall apart, and we go 2-15, but we still have the 13 overal pick in the draft and in 2024 just 12 months from now we get the first overall pick in the draft . All i can say to GB fans is GOOD LUCK with  Love as you QB.

Your defense is far too good to drop enough games to probably even be in the top 5. There are going to be a few teams that tank like crazy but I highly doubt the Jets are one of those teams. If anything, you will end up in a situation where you are in the middle of the draft again and either have to trade a kings ransom for a top pick, stay pat and take from the 2nd tier of QBs that probably aren't worth the pick at all, or continue to have a huge hole at QB. 

35 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Your defense is far too good to drop enough games to probably even be in the top 5. There are going to be a few teams that tank like crazy but I highly doubt the Jets are one of those teams. If anything, you will end up in a situation where you are in the middle of the draft again and either have to trade a kings ransom for a top pick, stay pat and take from the 2nd tier of QBs that probably aren't worth the pick at all, or continue to have a huge hole at QB. 

I don't care where the Jets end up. The bottom line is they have one of the best GM's in the league and has proven it the last 2 years. You have had some great QB's come from the middle of the first round too. Heck you even had Purdy do really well too. I don't think you need the top 2 or 3 picks to get a great QB. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ustadium had the report this morning that the trade that’s close is 2nd this year, 2nd next year (no conditions) and a Corey Davis to GB for AR and GB sends a 3rd to us if he retires after 2023

Wasn't a report. That was a guess from one of your beat writers. The 2024 pick will have conditions, the fact that he didn't put any in there shows the quality of talent he is.

Pretty likely the trade is 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd with conditions to take it to a 1st based on team success. 

Sticking points remain, do we take on Corey Davis and extend him to lower his cap hit? Is there a 2025 pick coming your way if he retires after 1 year, if so what is it?

In the end I think we do take Davis and I think we toss a 2025 3rd in there just to move forward if Rodgers only plays 1 year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Wasn't a report. That was a guess from one of your beat writers. The 2024 pick will have conditions, the fact that he didn't put any in there shows the quality of talent he is.

Pretty likely the trade is 2023 2nd, 2024 2nd with conditions to take it to a 1st based on team success. 

Sticking points remain, do we take on Corey Davis and extend him to lower his cap hit? Is there a 2025 pick coming your way if he retires after 1 year, if so what is it?

In the end I think we do take Davis and I think we toss a 2025 3rd in there just to move forward if Rodgers only plays 1 year.

I see it very close to something like this.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd give them a 7th in 2025 if he retires. Take it....leave it.

We'll see how much they trust their SB dreams.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

And only way the conditional Pick turns to a 1st is if we win the SB next year.

Take it…. leave it.

We’ll see how much you trust Jordan Love.

6 hours ago, xrade said:

My point was more about “protection” for the Jets if he walks and something reasonable for GB if he does not.

One thing about JD is that he negotiates in good faith. This is why he is not talking to any other QB because that would not be in good faith. So even if there might be a loophole, JD would not do something that would be viewed as “bush league “. He knows things like that hurt when dealing with teams in the future.

So, while on the surface, a trade that may appear to have a loophole, as you suggest in  the conditional pick scenario, is contractually available, JD would not do that. 

I'm just talking in general.  I've seen both Jets and Packers' fans suggest that the Packers could include '24 picks based on Rodgers playing in 2025.  LIS, it's too easy to game the system for the Jets.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not worth holding up a top 50 pick in 2023 and a top pick in 2024 over. The biggest asset we gain is 40m in cap space in 2024, that's worth more than any of these picks. Just toss them a 3rd, we suck in that round anyway.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

We are on page 165 of this endless BS. What is the worst thing that could happen the Rodgers deal fall apart, and we go 2-15, but we still have the 13 overal pick in the draft and in 2024 just 12 months from now we get the first overall pick in the draft . All i can say to GB fans is GOOD LUCK with  Love as you QB.

There's 0% chance that the Jets go 2-15.  They went 8-9 with the Zach Wilson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco trio.  Add in 3 more picks in the top 45 and they're not going to be in striking distance of a top 2 pick.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And only way the conditional Pick turns to a 1st is if we win the SB next year.

Take it…. leave it.

We’ll see how much you trust Jordan Love.

I dont want any conditionals based on how well you guys do. Thats should be on you....and I can tell you already you're not winning the SB this year or next. 

The Jets seem reluctant to live with their decisions. Must be crappy at crap.....would never roll the dice.

Not sure what Love has to do with this.....but we'll be fine with him......or transition to someone else in time. Happens all the time and I trust my FO to get it right.